Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your favorite school memory?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 29 Replies
Tell us about it!
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Mine was most of 5th grade.  She taught me that it was easier to ask for forgiveness than it was for permission.  My principal wouldn't allow me to use my nebulizer at school because it "scared" the other kids.  I would miss nearly 2 months of school every year because I couldn't use it at school.  My 5th grade teacher was adamant that I needed to be there to prep for middle school.  She allowed me to bring it into the classroom and use it when I needed.  It never scared any of my classmates.  I made it through 5th grade missing less school than I had over the last 4 years.

My other greatest memory was also in 5th grade where we played a game called "Burger World".  We learned how to purchase items with money, and count change back.  I'm sure that we had other things that we learned through this game, but it was fun.....really fun especially if I can remeber more than 20 years later.  LOL

Being a part of drama club in HS and Latin club were some great memories as well.  Some of those things I don't think I would want my kids doing, but I took greater risks than I am willing to allow my kids to.  I also enjoyed being able to dual enroll and get my Medical Assistant education 6 mos after I finished HS.

I had a pretty non-eventful PS school career.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a miserable school experience. When I think of school, all I can think about is stress, fear of failure, humiliation, and boredom. I was one of those kids who was constantly in trouble for talking too much or daydreaming. I was in special ed for most of my elementary years.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Most of my best memories involve me getting into trouble in some way, shape, or form...

I pray daily that my children are nothing like I was in middle and high school, lol. I don't remember most of elementary school, but for fifth grade. I went to a small private school through grade 2, and I remember the Halloween celebration... gummy worms in oreo dirt; I also remember the stellar playground and leaving our shoes outside the door for St. Nick to come fill it with candy :) After 1st or 2nd grade, my mother homeschooled me for a few years and, frankly, I remember NONE of it, lol. In fifth grade I entered public school and it was great - I had a wonderful teacher, was involved in Odyssey of the Mind (a club), etc.

I hit a ridiculous rebellious stage in middle school, and it stayed with me through high school. Had a blast, but cause a ton of... mischief.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My kindergarten techer was a long term sub.  She usually had great control over the class, but I drove her nuts.  When I would finish an exercise, I would call all the other kids to do something else.  I hated to sit around and wait.  One of my favorite memories is the day I finished my math work and called the other kids to come to the reading carpet.  I started reading them a story.  Mrs. D was angry and my parents were called.  They had to come get me.  I guess I am a little ashamed of the way I handled getting "bored," but my parents went out and bought a bunch of workbooks (fun puzzle sheets) for me to take with me that day.  I finally had something to do when I finished early.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I have no favorite day of school to remember except for...
My graduation day!
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Meeting my BFF in the 2ND Grade!

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Leaving Hahaha!

JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My gifted class.  I got to get out of my regular class and we'd do fun things, and were left to run around the school and our teacher would buy us pizza for lunch, and we worked on fun projects and things.

Other than that, the only other fun thing was having every single class with my best friend our senior year of high school. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I have no idea. The first thing I think of was a bad memory, then an ex boyfriend, never feeling like I fit in, and graduating 4th in my class. So, graduating. Lol
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I can't think of anything spectacular though I liked in 6th grade we were the "seniors" at the small private school I went to and I got to go voluteer in the preschool or Kinder room during one of my classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)