Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (111-120):
-Kit-
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Long-time lurker here, I thought I posted here but I guess not!

I'm Kit. I have one DD, who'll be 5 on the 29th. After a disastrous 3 weeks in public, I pulled DD out and formed a small co-op with 2 other families with GT kids in the area. The kids are together 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and rotate between homes for "school," which I'd say is child-led. Not quite total unschooling, but definitely driven by the kids' interests and with diverse resources.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Hi Kit! Welcome. :)
That is amazing that you did that
so quickly. Kudos! Does your daughter like homeschooling?

Quoting -Kit-:

I'm Kit. I have one DD, who'll be 5 on the 29th. After a disastrous 3 weeks in public, I pulled DD out and formed a small co-op with 2 other families with GT kids in the area. The kids are together 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and rotate between homes for "school," which I'd say is child-led. Not quite total unschooling, but definitely driven by the kids' interests and with diverse resources.

undefined

-Kit-
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

She's happy as long as she has her friends. She'd been at home prior to our brief (mis)adventure into public, so it's not really a big change for her aside from having two classmates in it with her.

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi Kit! Welcome. :)

Quoting -Kit-:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Sounds like she would get along with my girls then. Loves to socialize. A lot. :) I have 4.

Quoting -Kit-:

She's happy as long as she has her friends. She'd been at home prior to our brief (mis)adventure into public, so it's not really a big change for her aside from having two classmates in it with her.

Quoting kirbymom:Hi Kit! Welcome. :)

Quoting -Kit-:

Jasmine424
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

1. I have 4 wonderful children under 8 years old and homeschool 3 oldest.

2. I was determined to homeschool from the beginning.

3. Religion/child-led/workbooks/classic literature/homestead/search engine

4. Researching/Netflix/park/tennis/swimming/piano/painting/dancing/babies

Christyabbey
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?  4 boys only 1(5th grader) is homeschooled

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Monday is our first day of class

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Not sure. My plan is 1 subject a day in 4 hr blocks.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Field trips will probably be our favorite. He loves math- I hate it. I love Language Arts/Writing/Reading- he hates it.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Hi. :) Welcome to the group. :)
If I may ask, do your children like to homeschool?

Quoting Jasmine424:

Jasmine424
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Yes, VERY. It looks like I listed a lot of things, but I don't do the same things to every child, so it's not that much per child. When my middle child became curious about public school, I sent her to one of the best public schools in this area, but after 2 weeks or even a week, she was done. She was 6 years old at the time, but she came up with a very deep thought. "The school playground looks really fun, but it doesn't matter; it's not where I go, but who I go there with. I missed my sisters all day."

Also I am very careful not to make my children feel defeated. I challenge them, but I make sure that they have fun by learning something that is not too difficult.

Do you have any concerns or any other questions?

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi. :) Welcome to the group. :)
If I may ask, do your children like to homeschool?

Quoting Jasmine424:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Hi! Welcome! :)
I used to hate math too until UT started to click for after doing it with my kids. :)

Quoting Christyabbey:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?  4 boys only 1(5th grader) is homeschooled

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Monday is our first day of class

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Not sure. My plan is 1 subject a day in 4 hr blocks.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Field trips will probably be our favorite. He loves math- I hate it. I love Language Arts/Writing/Reading- he hates it.  

undefined

SiennaSkye
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello All,

I am Sienna and I look forward to "chatting it up" with everyone. To continue with in the spirit of introduction, here are some tidbits about me:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

I have two children. I homeschool one at the moment.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? 

For almost three years.

3. The type of homeschooling I do  is pretty flexible in that I have a preschooler and a toddler. I teach them three to four times a week from the Christian children's books that I write. I used to be an elementary teacher so I have inside knowledge on what to do (lol). My four year old started reading around three and is still building her vocabulary. Currently, I am publishing another book to help teach my kids.  If anyone here is interested, you all can find my book on amazon titled, How to Prepare My Child for Pre-Kindergarten: English Language Arts and Math (I published under the psuedonym, Taylor Wyatt). In short, I am pretty structured in what I teach them because I am following the Common Core Curriculum, but I am also flexible in that I incorporate much art and exploration in the studies.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

Anything outdoors, painting, and making my husband and I sleep-deprived.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN