Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (141-150):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Deb!

Quoting debuckmom:

Howdy, I'm Deb.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? 3 and 3

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? 2 years

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? We did work with LIFEPAC, but we're switching things up to something a little easier on my brain, and interactive for the kids... Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool -- I love their emphasis on reading, and I'm hoping to get everyone reading real soon. It also helps that it is an all-inclusive, and FREE curriculum. So far, the kids and I are loving it.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Games on the computer/Wii, word-finds are huge right now, legos, pretend play, gymnastics, helping Dad with anything he does around the house/lawn/cooking, and crafts of any kind.

Seeker1
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies! My name is Tammy and I am a SAHM I am an Independent Designer for a custom Jewelry Co. and am considering HS my youngest next year before he starts MS. Looking at what all is out there!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 3 ( 25,15 & 11)

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? (havent started yet)

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? ( Not sure which is best for us)

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? ( He enjoys Reading, Math, Video games & Using his imagination)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Hi Tammy! Welcome to the group! :)
Do you know what type of learning style your has? Is he a visual learner or a hands on learner or maybe he learns with a combination of learning styles? Another thought is, have you decided on a christian curriculum or a secular curriculum?

Quoting Seeker1:

Hello Ladies! My name is Tammy and I am a SAHM I am an Independent Designer for a custom Jewelry Co. and am considering HS my youngest next year before he starts MS. Looking at what all is out there!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 3 ( 25,15 & 11)

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? (havent started yet)

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? ( Not sure which is best for us)

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? ( He enjoys Reading, Math, Video games & Using his imagination)

undefined

Seeker1
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I have looked at several as I have many friends and even family that HS. Right now I am leaning twd Easy Peasy :) He is kinda both. He is quite smart but needs the small, one on one type setting and even now when he has time to be on the computer he will play learning games! 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't used easy peasy myself, but I have heard good things about it.
As long as he is learning, playing learning games is a great resource. :)

Quoting Seeker1:

Well I have looked at several as I have many friends and even family that HS. Right now I am leaning twd Easy Peasy :) He is kinda both. He is quite smart but needs the small, one on one type setting and even now when he has time to be on the computer he will play learning games! 

batgirlmartin
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My name is Amanda. I have 2 kids so far. Ds 7 dd18months. We are on our third homeschool year as my ds is in second grade. We use Christian Liberty Academy. I used it as a child also, but I'm still unsure if it is right for our family. Ds is crazy and loves anything that keeps him movin. He is also obsessec with legos! My dd loves animals. We spend many a day at the zoo.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting batgirlmartin: Hi! My name is Amanda. I have 2 kids so far. Ds 7 dd18months. We are on our third homeschool year as my ds is in second grade. We use Christian Liberty Academy. I used it as a child also, but I'm still unsure if it is right for our family. Ds is crazy and loves anything that keeps him movin. He is also obsessec with legos! My dd loves animals. We spend many a day at the zoo.

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the group. Have you been using CLA all three years? Have you explored others that you might want to use instead?

batgirlmartin
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
We have used it for three years. Hated the kindergarten curriculum. First and second are fine though. I would love to do a more classical education approach though. I have recently been looking into a private charter school type of thing where there would be some education on.site and some at home. We are having a lot of behavior issues around school right now so I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do to make it better.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting batgirlmartin: Hi! My name is Amanda. I have 2 kids so far. Ds 7 dd18months. We are on our third homeschool year as my ds is in second grade. We use Christian Liberty Academy. I used it as a child also, but I'm still unsure if it is right for our family. Ds is crazy and loves anything that keeps him movin. He is also obsessec with legos! My dd loves animals. We spend many a day at the zoo.

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the group. Have you been using CLA all three years? Have you explored others that you might want to use instead?

MaryJarrett
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?
3-Serenity (5 years), Caidence (3.5 years), Wrex (2.5 months)
And
2-Serenity and Caidence

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

I'm not sure how to answer that. I start doing basic colors, counting, alphabet, etc around 2. Serenity wouldn't be due to start school until fall 2014.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?
I'm not sure. We do a lot of workbooks, a lot of hands on activities, and lot of reading and experimentation.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?
Caidence really enjoys computer games and writing practice. She also loves being read to. She likes to play with stuffed animals, dance, and sing.
Serenity enjoys math and science experiments. She loves to practice reading. She dances, sings, and plays mommy. She loves animals and being outside.
They both love helping out.
nicolecurry
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello my name is Nicole 1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have a 10 year old and a 7 year old I have not started homeschool best and I am trying to figure out what is best for them. 2. How long have you been homeschooling? I homeschooled my son for 2 years early in his schooling then my husband said he needed to be socialized and we have put him in Monessouri and Charter Schools ever since. 3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Connections academy. 4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Researching, star wars, dancing, karate, going to the library. I could really use some help. My son hates 5the grade mainly it seems because he and his teacher do not get along and I am trying to solve the problem but he is failing and does not care. Please help. Sean

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)