Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (131-140):
SiennaSkye
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey Sonja! Thank you so much! I am pretty excited as I am gaining more local attention for it. In fairness, I would say it is a mixture of my teacher training gained from working as a teacher plus my experience homeschooling my four year old. Before I wrote the book, I needed to ensure that the brief lessons will work, evidenced by my own child's progress...and it worked :) It is a blessing to do this :)
lthomas06586
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? we have 4 boys we are currently homeschooling all 4 we have 2nd grade, 1st grade, kindergarten and preschool

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?  this is our first year homeschooling so about 4 months 

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? we do tradtional homeschool we use textbooks, dittos, internet

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? my kids enjoy art and history 

comfortmom
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! I have 5 children still at home and school aged. Ages 4, 8, 9, 12 and 14. We are just now starting the transition from public school to homeschooling. Our community offers a public charter homeschool option. I have only homeschooled the children for 1 year before when the older kids were in primary grades and we loved it. When we moved closer to family ( career teachers) we put the kids in public school. But its time, for our family to transition back.

My kids enjoy swimming, Any type of ball. Camping. Their dogs. Fishing. And tons and tons of art. I am the owner of a small construction company so I get to devote most of my time to my home, and when I need to work, the kids go with me or I work from the computer. My husband and I are a team in everything from church to work and family. Im excited to begin this journey!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Hi! Welcome! :)
Wow. You are a busy mom. :) What drew you to homeschooling, if I mag ask?

Quoting lthomas06586:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? we have 4 boys we are currently homeschooling all 4 we have 2nd grade, 1st grade, kindergarten and preschool

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?  this is our first year homeschooling so about 4 months 

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? we do tradtional homeschool we use textbooks, dittos, internet

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? my kids enjoy art and history 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Hi! :) Welcome! :)
Wow. Do you get to have free time to just sit and do nothing? :)

Quoting comfortmom:

Hi there! I have 5 children still at home and school aged. Ages 4, 8, 9, 12 and 14. We are just now starting the transition from public school to homeschooling. Our community offers a public charter homeschool option. I have only homeschooled the children for 1 year before when the older kids were in primary grades and we loved it. When we moved closer to family ( career teachers) we put the kids in public school. But its time, for our family to transition back.

My kids enjoy swimming, Any type of ball. Camping. Their dogs. Fishing. And tons and tons of art. I am the owner of a small construction company so I get to devote most of my time to my home, and when I need to work, the kids go with me or I work from the computer. My husband and I are a team in everything from church to work and family. Im excited to begin this journey!

undefined

Jilectan
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We have three children and all are being homeschooled.

That depends on whether you consider kids to be homeschooled from birth or not. My oldest is 9 1/2. If you count from when he would have started ps, then 4 years.

We have just made a switch from eclectic to self-instruction using the Robinson Curriculum. It's tough, so far, but should get easier.

My son is in to video games, my older daughter is in to sharks and drawing, and my youngest is 4 and does whatever her siblings do. She does really like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, though.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hi! Welcome to the group! :)
I definitely believe that we start "homeschooling" from the very beginning of birth. For me, education is life and life is education. I believe education starts the moment a being is capable of learning.
Do you have a set curriculum or do you do your own?

Quoting Jilectan:

We have three children and all are being homeschooled.

That depends on whether you consider kids to be homeschooled from birth or not. My oldest is 9 1/2. If you count from when he would have started ps, then 4 years.

We have just made a switch from eclectic to self-instruction using the Robinson Curriculum. It's tough, so far, but should get easier.

My son is in to video games, my older daughter is in to sharks and drawing, and my youngest is 4 and does whatever her siblings do. She does really like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, though.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I have four children and i hpme school all four of them some days i home school 8 children. We have been homeschooling for seven years. I do not know we probably do both. We read together, make food, science activities anything hands on.
debuckmom
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Howdy, I'm Deb.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? 3 and 3

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? 2 years

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? We did work with LIFEPAC, but we're switching things up to something a little easier on my brain, and interactive for the kids... Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool -- I love their emphasis on reading, and I'm hoping to get everyone reading real soon. It also helps that it is an all-inclusive, and FREE curriculum. So far, the kids and I are loving it.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Games on the computer/Wii, word-finds are huge right now, legos, pretend play, gymnastics, helping Dad with anything he does around the house/lawn/cooking, and crafts of any kind.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting motheroffour186: I have four children and i hpme school all four of them some days i home school 8 children. We have been homeschooling for seven years. I do not know we probably do both. We read together, make food, science activities anything hands on.

Welcome to the group!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)