Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
MommeisQueen
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi I'm Rachel. Thanks for welcoming me into the group and being so helpful everyone.  

Massage-Mom
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Im Veronica I am a working mom but wish I could afford to be a stay at home mom. I am a mother of one girl named Braelyn,  shes three...I wish I had more time for myself and my daughter, I feel like I have the potential to have me time, but have bad time management...any of you feel that way sometimes? Anyways, Im new here...this is my first post...going to look around the site see what it has to offer! 

I am planning on homeschooling if everything works out how I want it to. And to be honest...Im not sure what the plan is yet. My daughter is now 3 just turned 3 in July 2013. I was hoping to get opinions from other moms about what you think an appropriate age is to start....I dont even know the first step...My first instinct is to speak with the superintendant. Im not looking to start a strict schedule as she just turned 3, but I was wondering if there is anything for a 3 year old to start, or if its jsut play and learn as we are now...whats the next step. I look forward to talking to anyone with advice and experience!! (I live in NH )

duets
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool 2 boys.... both

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?  We are currently applying now, hope to begin in Jan

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? K-12 program

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Karate, band, piano

CandiceCorner
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have 2 children ages 6 and 3 and while my 6 yr old is adjusting well to public school first grade, we are thinking about home schooling our 3 yr old. If my 6 yr old wants to home school at one point, I would do the same for him to. I ahve no exp in this area so I appreciate all the feedback, thank you! :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Rachel. I'm Sonja.
So glad you joined. :)

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Hi I'm Rachel. Thanks for welcoming me into the group and being so helpful everyone.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Veronica. Welcome. :)

You are already "teaching" your daughter. You have been teaching her the moment she was born. Truly, you have been "schooling" her when you taught her how to make faces or make sounds. Or when you taught her how to eat, brush her teeth. You taught her how to get dressed, how to be well mannered. What I am trying to say is that you are doing a good job. Have you been talking about sounds and or letters yet? At this age kids really don't need to have a strict curriculum. They need to learn how to enjoy learning while having fun. You can teach her textures and colors. You can help her have a love for reading by reading as often to her. Homeschooling is not as difficult as it first appears. This is one of the best jobs in the world. I mean, where else do you get to learn as you go without being fired for lack of knowledge. Lol

You can do this. :) And when you feel like you need a jump, just ask and someone will be happy to help. We love to help around here.

Quoting Massage-Mom:

Im Veronica I am a working mom but wish I could afford to be a stay at home mom. I am a mother of one girl named Braelyn,  shes three...I wish I had more time for myself and my daughter, I feel like I have the potential to have me time, but have bad time management...any of you feel that way sometimes? Anyways, Im new here...this is my first post...going to look around the site see what it has to offer! 

I am planning on homeschooling if everything works out how I want it to. And to be honest...Im not sure what the plan is yet. My daughter is now 3 just turned 3 in July 2013. I was hoping to get opinions from other moms about what you think an appropriate age is to start....I dont even know the first step...My first instinct is to speak with the superintendant. Im not looking to start a strict schedule as she just turned 3, but I was wondering if there is anything for a 3 year old to start, or if its jsut play and learn as we are now...whats the next step. I look forward to talking to anyone with advice and experience!! (I live in NH )

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Hello! Welcome to our group. :)
2 boys huh? Are they close in age? Are they excited about homeschooling?

Quoting duets:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool 2 boys.... both

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?  We are currently applying now, hope to begin in Jan

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? K-12 program

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Karate, band, piano

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hi. :) Welcome! :)
Have you checked into your states homeschooling laws yet? If not we have a post where you can look up your state and read and copy it to your computer for any future references should you need to do so. You also might want to learn how your children's learning styles are. By this I mean do they learn by hands on or by visual aid or by a combination?

Quoting CandiceCorner:

Hi, I have 2 children ages 6 and 3 and while my 6 yr old is adjusting well to public school first grade, we are thinking about home schooling our 3 yr old. If my 6 yr old wants to home school at one point, I would do the same for him to. I ahve no exp in this area so I appreciate all the feedback, thank you! :)

undefined

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Great to have you!

Quoting MommeisQueen:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Welcome!

I would definitely start searching out homeschool groups in your area. You'd be amazed how much activities homeschoolers do for the pre school crowd. 8) You'll be able to start getting a real life look at different methods and what will and won't work for your house.

Quoting Massage-Mom:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)