Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Welcome. Any reason you are just going to start with your younger child? No judging, just curious. 8) Lots of people just do one or two kids for various reasons.

Quoting CandiceCorner:

Hi, I have 2 children ages 6 and 3 and while my 6 yr old is adjusting well to public school first grade, we are thinking about home schooling our 3 yr old. If my 6 yr old wants to home school at one point, I would do the same for him to. I ahve no exp in this area so I appreciate all the feedback, thank you! :)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

How old are your kids?

Quoting posh417:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? Two and Two.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? One year.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? I grew up using Abeka, so that's what we're using.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Drawing, puzzles, coloring, crafts.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Nice! So have you always known homeschooling was the choice for you? I have to admit, I was bit (panicked,lol) hesitant to start homeschooling on my own. Now when you say virtual, do you mean a program like k12?

Quoting VarelaClan:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? 4, all of them.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Always. Kids have never gone to school elsewhere.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Currently we are doing virtual. We've also done parent led and dvd programs.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Yoga, dance, basketball, martial arts, hiking, snowboarding, skiing, biking.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hey Niki :-) What's classical learning?

Quoting nicki1018:

Hi I am Nicki. I homeschool both my kids and have been for about a year now. Right now we are transitioning from a full time curriculum to classical learning. The kids love art and crafts, outdoor activities, science.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM

That is so cool!

Quoting ablackdolphin:

I am Nicole mom of two crazy active kids! Dd is 4 and DS is 21 mo. We have been HSing since birth and I love how much I am learning along with them. My Dh is French and speaks only French to our kids so I am learning French too!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

*Waves hand* I'll join! lol

Why are you only hsing your younger? I have three kids and only hs the older two so I get this question all the time. For me, it's because she's doing very well in school while her brother and sister were not.

I don't really like giving recommendations so much because what works for my kids may not work for yours and I don't want anyone to feel like I'm pushing, kwim? We pretty much wing it. I pull a little from here and a little from there and we just go with it. The only evidence I have is watching my children learn :-)

Quoting Mantidae:

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

I am a homeschooler wannabe.  I WANT to form a homeschool co-op in my town, ideally composed of 5 - 10 parents and however many children they bring to the mix.  I have 2 kids, but only the younger would be homeschooled.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

See above.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

I am researching different methods currently.  Recommendations (backed by evidence) are welcome!

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

Music, Nature, Crafts, Reading, Running Around, Art,...

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

No problem :-) Good to have you!

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Hi I'm Rachel. Thanks for welcoming me into the group and being so helpful everyone.  

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

That's good that you're leaving the door open. I'm doing the same with 6yo dd. She's in PS right now but she knows if school becomes too much, she can come home.

Quoting CandiceCorner:

Hi, I have 2 children ages 6 and 3 and while my 6 yr old is adjusting well to public school first grade, we are thinking about home schooling our 3 yr old. If my 6 yr old wants to home school at one point, I would do the same for him to. I ahve no exp in this area so I appreciate all the feedback, thank you! :)

posh417
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

7 and 4

Quoting paganbaby:

How old are your kids?

Quoting posh417:

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? I grew up using Abeka, so that's what we're using.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Drawing, puzzles, coloring, crafts.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Nice. Has your oldest ever gone to public school?

Quoting posh417:

7 and 4

Quoting paganbaby:

How old are your kids?

Quoting posh417:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)