Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone use Abeka?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
I know that it is the middle of the year but I am wanting to use Abeka for my kindergartener. I am only interested in the phonics/reading/writing portion. What all do I need to purchase? Any advise or opinions? Thanks!

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

We are using the entire program.  I love it.  If you want just that stuff you will need the handwritting tablets (either print or cursive....we use cursive), the phonics workbook....teacher manual has the stuff you would use for the tests, and the reading booklets come packaged together.  They also have phonics flash cards that we found super helpful as well as clue word cards that we started using in K, but aren't technically needed until 1st grade.

101stwife
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Thanks so much!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
You will want the curriculum book, and the student book, as well as the readers. I would also recommend the phonics cards and the reading handbook. The handbook is used the most and is continued to be used in first and second.
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

The reading handbook isn't actually used until 1st grade.  My K students never touched them.  If you plan to continue...then it would be a great investment.

Quoting Dawn07:

You will want the curriculum book, and the student book, as well as the readers. I would also recommend the phonics cards and the reading handbook. The handbook is used the most and is continued to be used in first and second.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I don't use it but here's a bump!

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I like Abeka math and have used it in the summer. Their website should tell you what you need to order for the subjects you want to use it for.

calimom1123
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I like abeka until 3rd. Its a great program for learning to read and math.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)