Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling confirmation on a cereal box.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This was on my cereal box this morning. Maybe I'm still half asleep but that first sentence just confirms my decision once again.
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-18):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Lol - yes it does. Homeschooling is definetly the best choice considering the way the educational system is going today.

Quoting Dawn07:

Makes you wonder huh?

Quoting kirbymom:Wait a minute! Wait wait wait just a danggone minute! I'm confused. If HALF the states are spending less this year(2013) than last year(2012), what happened to all the funds that each state was supposed to get for implementing CC compliancy?

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
They should probably spend less than half of what they spent last year, our schools spend an insane amount of money to 'educate' kids. In a town closeby where my DHs aunt was the principal, they had about 800 kids in their middle school and a budget of $12 million. I just don't see how it costs that much. I know our town is something crazy too, I was more involved a few years ago with the budget process, and working in the school it was easy to follow the herd and say "we need more money" but I've opened my eyes a lot and trying to follow the money is impossible. I don't know where it goes or how things can cost that much. It just doesn't add up.
TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

About five years ago our district bought a flat screen monitor for EVERY classroom.  The cost of each was a few thousand dollars.  Are they nice?  Sure.  Are my children learning more at home this year with a $6 blackboard and a $10 whiteboard?  Yes!

The district hasn't been able to pass a levy since.  I know of a lot of families with children in the schools who have voted no.  I don't have any idea if the screens were the catalyst, but they sure didn't help.  In the meantime the science, social studies, and foreign language books continue to age and deteriorate but now they complain they don't have money for new ones.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

They should probably spend less than half of what they spent last year, our schools spend an insane amount of money to 'educate' kids. In a town closeby where my DHs aunt was the principal, they had about 800 kids in their middle school and a budget of $12 million. I just don't see how it costs that much. I know our town is something crazy too, I was more involved a few years ago with the budget process, and working in the school it was easy to follow the herd and say "we need more money" but I've opened my eyes a lot and trying to follow the money is impossible. I don't know where it goes or how things can cost that much. It just doesn't add up.

letstalk747
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM

i cant believe this is on a cereal box either

Jenn8604
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM
What cereal is that on?
I want the box for my son to look at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
That is very sad
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM

nice

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Fruit Loops. It talks about getting a free book on the front and that was one of the things on the back.

Quoting Jenn8604:

What cereal is that on?

I want the box for my son to look at.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)