Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I don't understand :( UPDATE in original post

DD took her SATs earlier this month. We were psyched. We didn't pressure her, but based on her PSAT, as well as the casual practice tests she took, we were looking forward to something really positive.

Her scores came back yesterday and...we're both so disappointed. I mean, her Math score is actually below the national average. Her Reading and Writing scores weren't bad, but certainly not outstanding.

Honestly, I'm kind of crushed. I know she is, too. I mean, if her scores are going to look like this, I'm wondering if she's really capable of going for that dream career, which is very math intensive.

I can't even begin to imagine what went wrong.

She wants to give it another shot in March, and I think it did shock her into realizing that spending time preparing more diligently will be in her best interest.

UPDATE: Well, all her testing is over for the fall. She seemed upbeat heading in *and* coming out of her ACTs today, so we'll see how far a positive attitude takes her. :)  Thanks for all the support and well-wishes!

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (21-23):
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Nov 13 is the earliest possible date for them to post the scores.

Quoting kirbymom:

Sounds good. How long before you know hiw she did?
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Well, I shall think positive thoughts for you all.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Nov 13 is the earliest possible date for them to post the scores.

Quoting kirbymom:Sounds good. How long before you know hiw she did?

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Don't feel too bad.  I scored a 29 on my ACT, and near bombed my SAT's, LOL.  I even got a perfect score in the language portion of the ACT.  It's nothing to sweat over!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)