Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick science help needed!

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay so I need to Sketch a chassis (frame and wheels of a wagon) ((just typing what the book says) HOW DO I DO THAT???

Yeah stupid question I might get eaten alive for asking...but this science book drives me nuts...I cant wait till we are done Structures and can move on to the solar system!

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think it wants you to draw a diagram or picture of one! Do you have an example of one to help with knowing how it should look!

We do our best to be kind & not eat anyone alive in this group! There are no stupid questions only stupid answers!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Quoting usmom3:

I would think it wants you to draw a diagram or picture of one! Do you have an example of one to help with knowing how it should look!

We do our best to be kind & not eat anyone alive in this group! There are no stupid questions only stupid answers!

No sample...this book really drives me nuts...I really can not wait till we are through it... but have to teach it to him. I will try googling it I guess...

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Does it have to be a sketch?

I guess I would use a picture of one to draw a diagram of it.  Is it for simple machines?  It's probably focusing on the axle and how the axle connects the wheels to the frame.

BUT I would probably have my boys make one out of legos instead.  Then they could see how all the parts fit together and how the axle turns allowing the wheels to turn independently of the frame.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Will this work

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting usmom3:

No sample...this book really drives me nuts...I really can not wait till we are through it... but have to teach it to him. I will try googling it I guess...

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

See I am with you building one with Lego's or kin'ex would be more helpful to understand all that!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I guess I would use a picture of one to draw a diagram of it.  Is it for simple machines?  It's probably focusing on the axle and how the axle connects the wheels to the frame.

BUT I would probably have my boys make one out of legos instead.  Then they could see how all the parts fit together and how the axle turns allowing the wheels to turn independently of the frame.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I just realized that this is a train cart chassis! Sorry!

Quoting usmom3:

Will this work

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Would this help?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM

That's what I was thinking.  Drawing it is pretty cool, but I personally understand machines better when I build a model of them and get to see the parts move.

Quoting usmom3:

See I am with you building one with Lego's or kin'ex would be more helpful to understand all that!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Would this help?

Thank you....for some reason I couldnt get the "little red wagon" out of my head.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh soon he will be building with legos...just dont know if he has all the peices to make it "move" like this...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)