Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Are there any subjects that you find unacceptable and will never teach?

Why?

undefined

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (121-130):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother keeps telling me I should go, but I just have no desire to see what they're up to.  I have maybe 2 of my high school friends as friends on fb, but that's it.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I went to my five year and that was good enough for me.  There's one friend I talk to a few times a year, but I quickly realized why I haven't stayed in touch with the rest!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I have absolutely no experience with private school, maybe it would have been better than our PS.  I rarely revisit my school days, I have never been to a single reunion.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I could be wrong but I doubt you're missing out on a whole lot. The girls who used to be snooty were still snooty. The guys who were full of themselves were still full of themselves. Good times! All the nerdy smart kids I used to hang out with didn't come and haven't signed up for any others, and they're the only ones is care to see.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My mother keeps telling me I should go, but I just have no desire to see what they're up to.  I have maybe 2 of my high school friends as friends on fb, but that's it.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I went to my five year and that was good enough for me.  There's one friend I talk to a few times a year, but I quickly realized why I haven't stayed in touch with the rest!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I have absolutely no experience with private school, maybe it would have been better than our PS.  I rarely revisit my school days, I have never been to a single reunion.

AnnaBright
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Fundamentalist religions of any kind. Yup that's about it.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Lol - That strikes me as funny somehow, although I'm not sure why.

Okay. So tell me, why wouldn't you teach that?
Truly curious...

Quoting AnnaBright: Fundamentalist religions of any kind. Yup that's about it.
AnnaBright
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Fundamentalist are the same as extremists imo. While I have religious views I'm not extreme in them and I am constantly learning about others myself. Fundamental and extremist views are almost always ( if not always ) hateful and degrading to all opposing views , I refuse to teach hate and judgement to children. I was raised in a Catholic and LDS household with a Jewish grandmother, my Bubushka.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol - That strikes me as funny somehow, although I'm not sure why.

Truly curious...

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I can see how you wouldn't want to teach hate and condemnation to a child. I wouldn't either.
If I may ask, was it frustrating growing up with 3 opposing faiths? I didn't grow up with opposing faiths but my mother changed faiths like most people change toothbrushes.

Quoting AnnaBright: Fundamentalist are the same as extremists imo. While I have religious views I'm not extreme in them and I am constantly learning about others myself. Fundamental and extremist views are almost always ( if not always ) hateful and degrading to all opposing views , I refuse to teach hate and judgement to children. I was raised in a Catholic and LDS household with a Jewish grandmother, my Bubushka.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol - That strikes me as funny somehow, although I'm not sure why.

Truly curious...

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Alright then, I'm sure it would be the same.  I also hung out with the nerdy, smart kids!  Band Camp, Battle of the Books, and Knowledgemaster Open....yeah, nerd-tastic!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan: I could be wrong but I doubt you're missing out on a whole lot. The girls who used to be snooty were still snooty. The guys who were full of themselves were still full of themselves. Good times! All the nerdy smart kids I used to hang out with didn't come and haven't signed up for any others, and they're the only ones is care to see.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

AnnaBright
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really. We did Christmas and Easter my grandmother would send gifts and cards for all of it. Since all 3 faiths put a lot of emphasis on family it just kinda worked. Kwim?

Quoting kirbymom: I can see how you wouldn't want to teach hate and condemnation to a child. I wouldn't either.

If I may ask, was it frustrating growing up with 3 opposing faiths? I didn't grow up with opposing faiths but my mother changed faiths like most people change toothbrushes.

Quoting AnnaBright: Fundamentalist are the same as extremists imo. While I have religious views I'm not extreme in them and I am constantly learning about others myself. Fundamental and extremist views are almost always ( if not always ) hateful and degrading to all opposing views , I refuse to teach hate and judgement to children. I was raised in a Catholic and LDS household with a Jewish grandmother, my Bubushka.

Truly curious...

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Latin Club, Model United Nations, Debate Team, Chess Team, Computer Club, and more!  Thinking of it now, I imagine those snooty girls may have just been jealous, LOL!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Alright then, I'm sure it would be the same.  I also hung out with the nerdy, smart kids!  Band Camp, Battle of the Books, and Knowledgemaster Open....yeah, nerd-tastic!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan: I could be wrong but I doubt you're missing out on a whole lot. The girls who used to be snooty were still snooty. The guys who were full of themselves were still full of themselves. Good times! All the nerdy smart kids I used to hang out with didn't come and haven't signed up for any others, and they're the only ones is care to see.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Latin Club, Model United Nations, Debate Team, Chess Team, Computer Club, and more!  Thinking of it now, I imagine those snooty girls may have just been jealous, LOL!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN