Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! (Time is FLYING) What's on your agenda this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

How is your week shaping up?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Have fun at jury duty. I hope you at least get interesting cases. LOL

Quoting jen2150:

We are taking the week off for the most part.  They are only doing work for their classes.  They will be doing ecology, computer science, and an writing assignment.  All for our co-op classes that they are taking.  I have Jury duty Wednesday and Thursday so I decided we are taking this week off.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Neat. Post pics of your party 8))

Quoting hwblyf:

We're taking a good deal of the week off, too.  My youngest's birthday is Friday, they've been planning (there's a hidden writing assignment, along with technology and some other subjects hidden in there) a Halloween party just for us during the day on Thursday, and we need to review what we've been doing and where to go from here.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Kids can really wow when given the chance. 8) Post a pic of the school box!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Well, we went to the art museum last week. We were SUPPOSED to do a project friday, but DS came down with the chicken pox, so that got put off.  We're working on another art project.  I told the kids to pick something to make from our boxes we had sitting around, and they came up with a school bus!  So we're painting some boxes yellow, and I'm going to have them help me design the wheels...bit of a bonus science lesson in there!

We're working on public helpers again, only this time we're talking about things like using 9-1-1.  And we are also working on address and phone number.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I love Halloween. 8) I love reading all the old traditions and such.

Quoting kmath:

We are doing all things Halloween.  We have a bunch of books picked out to learn about some of the Halloween traditions and the all of our subjects have a Halloween theme.  We are going trick-or-treating on Thursday and have co-op on Friday.  Our subject for Co-op this week is farms, so we have to pick an aspect to research and then do a presentation.  Should be a really fun week!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

That looks like a busy week!

Quoting No_Difference:

Lets see...school wise
History: We've left France, but I have no clue 'when and where' we'll end up yet...I'm afraid to look lol
Math: Finding the area of a parallelogram (or however that is spelled...) for one and solving for the unkown for the little guy
Reading: moving onto anew story and hoping my teachers manual has it this time so I know what the object of the reading selection is for once. And StarFall "e" stuff with the other one.
Spelling: ways to spell /j/ and short u
Writing: I think we've moved onto Mystery writing
Science: Final chapter in Astronomy...and catching up on all the labs :/

Wednesday we have Free Swimming at the nearby college pool and either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon going to the apple orcahrd for 4H. Then Friday for 4H the kids are making apple sauce and delivering it to their two differet charities they do. Thursday is trick or treating....and I feel like I"m forgetting something else lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I hope November goes a bit more smoothly for you. 8)

Quoting coala:

We have a party on Monday, artistic skating lesson and speed skating on Tuesday, Thursday we are going to the outdoor rink to practice, Friday is artistic practice, Saturday artistic lessons and speed skating practice, Sunday more speed practice.  As far as education goes....whatever I can get them to get in....it has been a really rough couple of weeks and they haven't done much outside of reading and math.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My husband just left for a month, and I'll be setting up to start school on Nov. 4th.  We just moved here and I'm still in the process of getting the school room set up and ready, and I also have to prepare all their notebooks and copy papers for the year.

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Halloween is my favorite Holiday ever!  DS loves it too so he is very excited about school this week.  Learning the old traditions and how it got started is always interesting.  We are going to learn some about Day of the Dead this year as well.

Quoting mem82:

I love Halloween. 8) I love reading all the old traditions and such.

Quoting kmath:

We are doing all things Halloween.  We have a bunch of books picked out to learn about some of the Halloween traditions and the all of our subjects have a Halloween theme.  We are going trick-or-treating on Thursday and have co-op on Friday.  Our subject for Co-op this week is farms, so we have to pick an aspect to research and then do a presentation.  Should be a really fun week!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Oh just the same as every other week. :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Good luck! That must be hard to have him gone for a month. Is it common for him to be gone?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

My husband just left for a month, and I'll be setting up to start school on Nov. 4th.  We just moved here and I'm still in the process of getting the school room set up and ready, and I also have to prepare all their notebooks and copy papers for the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)