Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! (Time is FLYING) What's on your agenda this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

How is your week shaping up?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL You and me both Kirby!

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh just the same as every other week. :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Sadly, this is one of our not so busy weeks for this month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next month is a little less chaotic. I would love to remember what sleep is again, and I don't have the excuse of a new born lol!  It doesn't look like it in the beginning of the month though...The first week is already booked with meetings for a potential start of a non profit organization...

I remember what I forgot before too, Tuesay is my niece's 16th birthday (I'm still in denial) and my dad's birthday is on Halloween, then my brother's birthday is on the 2nd.

Quoting mem82:

That looks like a busy week!

Quoting No_Difference:

Lets see...school wise
History: We've left France, but I have no clue 'when and where' we'll end up yet...I'm afraid to look lol
Math: Finding the area of a parallelogram (or however that is spelled...) for one and solving for the unkown for the little guy
Reading: moving onto anew story and hoping my teachers manual has it this time so I know what the object of the reading selection is for once. And StarFall "e" stuff with the other one.
Spelling: ways to spell /j/ and short u
Writing: I think we've moved onto Mystery writing
Science: Final chapter in Astronomy...and catching up on all the labs :/

Wednesday we have Free Swimming at the nearby college pool and either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon going to the apple orcahrd for 4H. Then Friday for 4H the kids are making apple sauce and delivering it to their two differet charities they do. Thursday is trick or treating....and I feel like I"m forgetting something else lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

This is an awesome idea.  I might have to steal it and do this with DS next year!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Gonna start a decade project this week. Each child picks a decade, then they make a newspaper talking about key figures and events. 

JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Yep, he's in the army.  One month is nothing.  He just got home in June from being gone for a year, and he'll be deploying for a nine months some time next year.

Quoting mem82:

Good luck! That must be hard to have him gone for a month. Is it common for him to be gone?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

My husband just left for a month, and I'll be setting up to start school on Nov. 4th.  We just moved here and I'm still in the process of getting the school room set up and ready, and I also have to prepare all their notebooks and copy papers for the year.

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Are you pulling from any specific resources for community helpers and 9-1-1?

Quoting katzmeow726:

Well, we went to the art museum last week. We were SUPPOSED to do a project friday, but DS came down with the chicken pox, so that got put off.  We're working on another art project.  I told the kids to pick something to make from our boxes we had sitting around, and they came up with a school bus!  So we're painting some boxes yellow, and I'm going to have them help me design the wheels...bit of a bonus science lesson in there!

We're working on public helpers again, only this time we're talking about things like using 9-1-1.  And we are also working on address and phone number.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Wow 8( That's tough

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Yep, he's in the army.  One month is nothing.  He just got home in June from being gone for a year, and he'll be deploying for a nine months some time next year.

Quoting mem82:

Good luck! That must be hard to have him gone for a month. Is it common for him to be gone?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

My husband just left for a month, and I'll be setting up to start school on Nov. 4th.  We just moved here and I'm still in the process of getting the school room set up and ready, and I also have to prepare all their notebooks and copy papers for the year.

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Me too!!!  I am working really hard at trying to establish new routines for me, so hopefully we have a trickle down effect.  LOL  My family is hard to change and get them on board.  I am going to set timers tomorrow to have the kids get a few things done.

Quoting mem82:

I hope November goes a bit more smoothly for you. 8)

Quoting coala:

We have a party on Monday, artistic skating lesson and speed skating on Tuesday, Thursday we are going to the outdoor rink to practice, Friday is artistic practice, Saturday artistic lessons and speed skating practice, Sunday more speed practice.  As far as education goes....whatever I can get them to get in....it has been a really rough couple of weeks and they haven't done much outside of reading and math.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We're learning about Seals!

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM

We are starting week 13 in our curriculum.  We haven't been getting all of the subjects done but I am trying my best to keep it constant.  MNO on Tues(probably my last), Dr appt on Friday, swim lessons on Sat.

Impatiently waiting for Natalie to make the scene.  I hit single digits today and had a scare last night.  Realized how unprepared I feel so getting the car seat installed and my hospital bag packed today......oh and cleaning bathrooms.  For some reason I really want to do this today.  Maybe a sign?  LOL

CafeMom Tickers
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Quoting jwhit8791:

We are starting week 13 in our curriculum.  We haven't been getting all of the subjects done but I am trying my best to keep it constant.  MNO on Tues(probably my last), Dr appt on Friday, swim lessons on Sat.

Impatiently waiting for Natalie to make the scene.  I hit single digits today and had a scare last night.  Realized how unprepared I feel so getting the car seat installed and my hospital bag packed today......oh and cleaning bathrooms.  For some reason I really want to do this today.  Maybe a sign?  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)