Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! (Time is FLYING) What's on your agenda this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

How is your week shaping up?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (41-43):
TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM

My girls both have checkups with the ophthalmologist tomorrow morning, so I'll do the reading until their eyes aren't dilated anymore, LOL.  Class party on Thursday complete with bobbing for apples.  Friday we'll honor my Grandma and Grandpa for the Day of the Dead.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM

When I had an internal ultrasound once, the tech left the room with the wand still inserted.  :(  I sneezed and I think that puppy flew across the room.  Do you have any sneezing powder?  Powerful stuff.  Though I have to admit to never having tried it during labor, cuz ya know, the brain goes at a point.  :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

DH has been trying to talk me into "other ways" of inducing naturally but so far, I ain't buying it!  LMBO

Quoting hwblyf:

Fear of the unknown....don't let your friend fool you, we all have that.  That's why there're so many counselors out there and so much support for the next steps we take.  And honestly, when you're waiting for the kid to just get out already, it's hard.  Especially with so many other little ones hanging out.  So much easier on the other side of things, because you're not waiting for something to end and another to begin, you're just getting on with it already.  I have 5, and I can't even tell you how much the patience was gone by 9 days left to go, how much it was just let's figure out how to stuff another life into our lives, how much it was just I hate being pregnant.  And I hate waiting for those twinges to be real.  Keep eating your spicy food and jumping up and down (that works, right?).  :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

I was talking to a friend today and she said that it sounds like a lot to her that I have a fear of the unknown.  Like I am all ready for the birth (to me that part is a piece of cake)  It's the whole waiting (like you said) and the trying to figure out.....is this pain it?  What was that?  LOL

I had some stuff going on for about three hours last night and you should have seen DH......he was practically pacing the floors because I wouldn't let him bother our midwife or doula.  I was taking the wait and see attitude.

Quoting hwblyf:

Exactly.  I think that's the hard part of any transition, is the waiting.  Just get it on and get it over with so I can begin to figure out how to adjust.  :)  The last several weeks for me were always toughest.  She'll be here soon and the waiting will be done.  Yeah!

Quoting jwhit8791:

Thanks, me too!

This is by far my least favorite part of the whole thing.  Just get it over with already so we can move onto our normal hectic lives please.  LOL

Quoting hwblyf:

Good luck!  Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Quoting jwhit8791:

We are starting week 13 in our curriculum.  We haven't been getting all of the subjects done but I am trying my best to keep it constant.  MNO on Tues(probably my last), Dr appt on Friday, swim lessons on Sat.

Impatiently waiting for Natalie to make the scene.  I hit single digits today and had a scare last night.  Realized how unprepared I feel so getting the car seat installed and my hospital bag packed today......oh and cleaning bathrooms.  For some reason I really want to do this today.  Maybe a sign?  LOL

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
We have an insane week! After school club and final session shows Monday and Tuesday, trick or treat twice, once at Daddy's office Wednesday, then of.course in Halloween, and LOTS of lessons with Halloween, writing Halloween words, haunted house math, history if Halloween, pumpkin related activities, Halloween art, then Day of the Dead altar set up on Friday and packing to head to my parents on Saturday, an 8 hour road trip!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN