Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What is the weirdest info you have ever had to teach?
How did your day go after that?

undefined

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Replies (11-17):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahahaha!!!
And the electrical tape! Don't forget the electrical tape. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I had to hide the duct tape just so we'd still have some!

Quoting kirbymom:Ha! My boys are the same way. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Every time we watch Mythbusters the girls want to try their "Do not try this at home!" experiments.  It's hard to get them focused on our safer science labs if those are still on their minds. :) 

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh!  I forgot to hide the electrical tape!!!

Quoting kirbymom:

Hahahaha!!!
And the electrical tape! Don't forget the electrical tape. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I had to hide the duct tape just so we'd still have some!

Quoting kirbymom:Ha! My boys are the same way. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Every time we watch Mythbusters the girls want to try their "Do not try this at home!" experiments.  It's hard to get them focused on our safer science labs if those are still on their minds. :) 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been thinking on this one all day and I can't think of anything.  I even asked my mother.  She laughed at me.  She told me that everything I teach them is weird!  LOL Maybe that's why i can't pick anything?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Hahahaha - You are so precious. I needed a good chuckle and your reply was just what I needed.
Thank you. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I have been thinking on this one all day and I can't think of anything.  I even asked my mother.  She laughed at me.  She told me that everything I teach them is weird!  LOL Maybe that's why i can't pick anything?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...you are very welcome.  I'm still scratching my head as to why everything I teach them is weird.  So let me ask you....is it weird to teach about using different types of gases to change the timbre of your voice?  We sucked in some helium and made the squeaky voices.  Then we watched a video where a scientist used Sulfur Hexaflouride to lower his voice.  Then we smacked some different materials (wood blocks, xylophone, silver and brass bells) and then smacked them under water....Apparently, elementary kids don't usually learn that stuff??? 

Is it weird to discuss the mating habits of goats?  Apparently.

Is it weird to talk about how the Buddhists who moved to Europe began getting ill because they didn't have the B12 they needed and they had never known it before because they ate enough bug parts in their flour to compensate?  We are flexitarians so we were simply explaining why it is important for us to get B12 in our own diet.

Sigh....alright.  I'm weird.  I'll just embrace it.  :-)  Those were all my mother's examples, btw!

Quoting kirbymom:

Hahahaha - You are so precious. I needed a good chuckle and your reply was just what I needed.
Thank you. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM
All weird yet normal. :)
Weird for everyone else but normal for us.
Embrace the weird my little paddyaun(?). It is our destiny!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Well...you are very welcome.  I'm still scratching my head as to why everything I teach them is weird.  So let me ask you....is it weird to teach about using different types of gases to change the timbre of your voice?  We sucked in some helium and made the squeaky voices.  Then we watched a video where a scientist used Sulfur Hexaflouride to lower his voice.  Then we smacked some different materials (wood blocks, xylophone, silver and brass bells) and then smacked them under water....Apparently, elementary kids don't usually learn that stuff??? 

Is it weird to talk about how the Buddhists who moved to Europe began getting ill because they didn't have the B12 they needed and they had never known it before because they ate enough bug parts in their flour to compensate?  We are flexitarians so we were simply explaining why it is important for us to get B12 in our own diet.

Sigh....alright.  I'm weird.  I'll just embrace it.  :-)  Those were all my mother's examples, btw!

Quoting kirbymom:Hahahaha - You are so precious. I needed a good chuckle and your reply was just what I needed.Thank you. :)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, Obi wan.  :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

All weird yet normal. :)
Weird for everyone else but normal for us.
Embrace the weird my little paddyaun(?). It is our destiny!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Hahahaha - You are so precious. I needed a good chuckle and your reply was just what I needed.Thank you. :)
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)