Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Printing up stuff

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
So today I decided to try one of 1plus1plus1=1's tot packs to see if Collin was interested (2.5). Well, he's interested - he colored a brown bear brown bear book and read the book about shapes that was in the pack with me.

The problem? I learned DH didn't bother buying colored ink & doesn't want to due to cost. Where do you go to print up colored papers? And how do you get oak tag type paper (same place? But it on your own & bring it to a printing place)?

Like would I go to a kinkos? I don't think the local library offers it for the amount I would do (probably 10-20 pages for a month - the 2 little projects today took up about 10 pages!)
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think Staples does color pages.  I know they've done black and white and binding for me in the past.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Office Depot did color copies for us. If you have a Walmart or maybe a Kmart, they might do it at the service center.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM
We use a brother with an extended ink system. You add ink as you need it. I spend About $5 per year on ink. I print a lot since I run a local co-op. I would invest in a good system.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Most office supply stores, and I believe even Costco do paper printing.

I personally just use my printer.  Part of homeschooling is going through ink and paper, and so we swallow the cost.  Still, we got our new printer in February of this year and I didn't have to replace the cartridges until last month.  Just an idea of how much I print, I printed up 308 pages for History lapbooks alone.  The kids type and print up their English papers all the time and I copy/scan and print things a lot too.

I buy my paper at Costco in bulk 5000 sheets and that last me all year long.  Our ink did cost me $60 and I'm sure I'll need to refill it one more time before the school year ends, but it's well worth it.

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM

To go get these pages printed somewhere else will FAR outweigh the cost of buying colored ink. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I agree!
Quoting PurpleCupcake:

To go get these pages printed somewhere else will FAR outweigh the cost of buying colored ink. 

JadensMommy2
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I have the HP Officejet pro 8600 & I've printed 1500 pages and still haven't changed the ink.  ;)

Molimomma
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Staples or Kinkos would but it's expensive. I love the tot packs from 1+1+1 and others for my son (also Collin!) but I don't do EVERY page I just pick and choose from them to print out and I have my own cardstock and laminator. I do the pattering worksheets, prehandwriting and the roll and graph games usually and then pick a few of the other stuff. I never print the puzzles because my son has plenty of regular puzzles or the "which is different?" Pages because they are too easy for my son. 

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I really need a printer...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)