Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is the last time you visited the library?

Posted by   + Show Post

Get any good books?

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
jeng1980
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

It's been a while mainlky because I owe a fine I don't think I really owe. :P  Theyve did this before and it just gets old with them claiming we haven't turned in books that we really have turned in.  We have found one that they say we have that's overdue but not the other 4.  Anyways my daughter has been asking if we could go to the library so I told her I'd take her today and just do what I have to do to get our account back to where I can put books on hold from other associated libraries.

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Wednesday is our day, right after swimming.  I think I have 42 books checked out right now, and between the 5 kids there's bound to be at least 10 more in the house.  :)  My kids are into magic right now (and they'e actually performing the tricks!) and comic books.  I've banned the thin, fragile comic books because I'm tired of having to pay for books that fall apart.  I also pick out a ton of books to offer as choices for my kids to read because they honestly won't leave one corner of the library to hunt out more books.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Yesterday. We had to turn some in and renew others.
CrimsonRadiance
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yesterday. :) 

I got 2 Ted Dekker books, my oldest got a couple of goosebumps and judy moody books, and the younger two got some ISpy books. 

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Last week. We go every couple weeks when we switch to a new science subject.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Tuesday for the Dayton HS Library Club.  Good times, and a great program.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Yesterday and yes! I'm going back today.

AnnaBright
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM
About 2 yrs. We all have kindle fires and kids have a 20$ month limit that never gets used all the way because they have so many for free and ch books for .99$
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

6 weeks ago & we are planing a trip there this week!

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I haven't picked out any for myself in well over a year.  My kids just picked out a bunch on Friday.  We still have a book from our last trip that is MIA.  I re-newed it so that we won't get any fines, but I still have to find it.  I am trying to make this a regular thing every 2-3 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)