Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

seriously?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
I pulled my daughter out last week after a ton of problems cane to a head ( mostly bullying) This morning I get my first response from her group of teachers teachers I've been emailing all year. Asking me to please bring her back. Seriously?! They singled her out to *help* the other kids and made her a target. No way she going back to that. My kid was there to learn not assist and make the teachers job easier. The only thing I would consider is her STEM program that I paid for for the year already. That was the only thing there even worth her being there for.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Oh Hugs!!  It sounds like they got used to having her around to help teach the other kids?  Don't let it bother you.  You are doing the best thing for her!  Welcome to homeschooling!

AnnaBright
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Im shocked at the nerve of them. Seriously Seriously don't email a parent back for 2 months but a week after shes gone I get a full page?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh Hugs!!  It sounds like they got used to having her around to help teach the other kids?  Don't let it bother you.  You are doing the best thing for her!  Welcome to homeschooling!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Nothing shocks me anymore, but I do understand your frustration.  Many of us have been told that homeschooling isn't legal, that we would have to jump through hoops that the laws say we don't, we've been cajoled.  I had the truancy officer called on me when I pulled mine out.  It is so frustrating.  Like they didn't care before, but now, oh now, they care.

Quoting AnnaBright:

Im shocked at the nerve of them. Seriously Seriously don't email a parent back for 2 months but a week after shes gone I get a full page?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

AnnaBright
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Ive got dr excuse until Nov. 20th and my paperwork will all be done well before that so luckily truancy isn't an issue. I almost want to keep her in the STEM program just because I've for it and she enjoyed it but after all the bs I'll eat the cost.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
That is crazy. She is going to have so much fun homeschooling.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Wow.  That's frustrating.  Welcome to homeschooling though!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Glad you pulled her out!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Oh wow! I'm sorry that you and your daughter have been treated so callously. That is just so uncalled for.
However, being homeschooled gives your daughter more of a chance to blossom and shine even more so at her own pace. So on that note, Welcome to the bezt adventure of your life! :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Oh wow! I'm sorry that you and your daughter have been treated so callously. That is just so uncalled for.
However, being homeschooled gives your daughter more of a chance to blossom and shine even more so at her own pace. So on that note, Welcome to the bezt adventure of your life! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN