Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Trick or Treat got postponed here. Are you going tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
We are set to have severe weather. 8(
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM

How do you deliver such a note?  :)  May she not be of the stubborn kind and actually follow orders.

Quoting jwhit8791:

We have rain.........and I can't for the life of me figure out how to find out if it is going to get canceled or not.  DH thinks that it won't be and whoever wants to brave cold and rain will come. 

I was really looking forward to walking around to try and get things going tonight.  I am officially giving this little girl her eviciton notice.

rissapurdue
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
It was postponed till Friday due to severe weather. Even most of the malls have postponed till tomorrow.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
At least we aren't sloshing around in the wet, right?

Quoting rissapurdue:

It was postponed till Friday due to severe weather. Even most of the malls have postponed till tomorrow.
rissapurdue
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM
That is so true :) I am so happy not to get wet! Unfortunately we have to get up early Saturday. Maybe I can overload on candy to wake myself up :)

Quoting mem82:

At least we aren't sloshing around in the wet, right?

Quoting rissapurdue:

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM
My girls thought that was a super sweet idea. We may do that ourselves tonight.

Quoting usmom3:

One year my little ones where sick so we bought candy & they trick or treated in the house. Hubby, our oldest son & I where in the bedrooms & they went up & down the hallway knocking on the doors until we ran out of candy. I know it sounds lame but they loved it because they got to dress up in their costumes & get candy still!

Quoting jwhit8791:

Looks like they are having it rain or shine.  Now I will have to think about if I want to take them out in the rain.

Either that or we could take them to one store in the mall that is having some crafts and things.  The actual mall isn't doing trick or treating though, just that one store.

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Most of the other cities around Dayton have postponed it but not ours. We may just see one sweet neighbor depending on how serious the winds get.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Beautiful weather here..no postponing.
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Well we braved the elements (it was only lightly raining when we got there) and did it for most of the time.  Probably cut it about 15 minutes short because DH let DD walk right in a huge puddle and she got all wet.  It was time to head back to the van after that.

I did get some good contractions while out and about so time will tell if they turn into something.  LOL  about the being stubborn.  I swear with DD, I probably had claw marks on my utuerus she soooo didn''t want to come out at all.

Jenn8604
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM
We go to the trunk or treating instead. It was all inside.ds was a day trader checking his stock portfolio on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

It was HOT tonight, but other than that it was good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)