Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My son has been very interested in space lately, so I think I'll make this "space month"

My ideas:
- library books
-planetarium visit
- maybe a craft or two?

Have you done anything with space? Any suggestions?
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-14):
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooh my dad has a telescope!

Quoting Jenn8604:

Watch all the Magic school Bus episodes dealing with space and stars :) Look through a telescope and find constellations.
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
The planetarium! :)
We're going to try and go next week

Quoting KrissyKC:

Not yet, but after we finish Apologia anatomy, we already have astronomy ready to go.

What about letters to Nasa, buying space food, playing space games, make a model of a solar system, map out the distance to the sun using pennies to stand for like say 10 miles each or something?     Look up space themed websites.   Make one of those pin hole viewing box.   Find out what is going on in the real sky at different times... meteor showers...planets close enough to see... eclispes, etc.    Look up their birth year and see if anything exciting happened the year they were born....  use a flashlight to represent the sun and show how it shines on the earth and the other half is dark... discuss and demonstrate planetary rotation and such.   Do you have a space themed museum nearby?   

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We made a solar system mobile one year!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We did a little demonstration where DD was the sun and stood still in the middle, DH was the earth and revolved around her while rotating and I was the moon facing DH the whole time while revolving around him.  Pretty fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN