Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

this is the thanks i get? -last post in this subject (i think). UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I got home from work today and I really needed to pee so I'm trying to to run to the bathroom and be quick cuz I wanna talk to my aunt and tell her I can no longer homeschool cousin so she can get a game plan ready this weekend. And she tells me (as I'm sprinting to the toilet) "we are leaving, see you later". I kind of hesitated but my bladder was about to explode (one hour trip back home) so I said ok. Thinking we could talk later.

After I called my daughter over and was trying to prep her for homeschooling alone when she's like "I already know. Aunt said she's taking cousin back to public school on Monday" «breaks screeching» what?! I went out of my way to include this girl on my homeschooling and you couldn't even tell me to my face! Not even "thanks but no thanks."

I wasn't looking fwd to that conversation either.l but I was gonna do it cuz it needs to be done.

So ill be calling her on Sunday if she doesnt call me before then to say anything.

UPDATE:
So last night I was in the kitchen making dinner and I noticed a cup from A local fast food place and I had the instant feeling that my kids didn't get any. So I called dd at her dads and asked what she had for lunch and she tells me soup, which is she calls top ramen. I ask what did cousin have? she says chicken and so did aunt and uncle. I calmly got off the phone but I was pissed.

I felt like they didn't have any issues eating my food all month or eating chicken nuggets the one time I went to McDonalds and made sure there was enough for everyone! I didn't have to, but I did cuz I wanted everyone to be treated the same and as soon as I go to work they pull this shit behind my back?! I feel like if they wanted take out they could have waited for dinner. I trusted my aunt to watch my girls but obviously that was too much.

And now that I think about it she prolly didn't feed them any breakfast cuz aunt will always leave left over eggs on a plate and there wasn't any eggs on the counter last night. Talk about neglect!

I called my mom and told her what her sister did with the take out and she wasnt happy either but my dad doesn't want me to say anything because then family get togethers will be awkward but I feel like if I don't say anything then aunt will think her actions were acceptable.
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that's just wrong.  Is she the kind of person who hates conflict (just giving her the benefit of the doubt)?  Regardless, she should have been adult enough (after all you've done) to give you one minute to use the restroom, then talk to you like a person.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that was crap but at least you know the 2 of you are on the same page about you not homeschooling her!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

That's so rude. I'm so sorry. *HUGS*

collinsmommy0
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That's rude of her.

But at least you can move on and go back to homeschooling just your daughter. It seemed like a pain in the butt.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I would sidestep the potential conflict here, personally. I usually prefer to grasp a bull firmly by the horns, but this isn't your fight. It's unfortunate that the child can't be homeschooled, but if you're not the one doing it, who can? She's clearly been through a lot, and having a family tussling over her is probably more harmful at this point than public school. It's October. School years seemed to drag on when I was little, but we all know it will be June in the blink of an eye, and maybe a more reasonable and beneficial solution can be settled over her summer break...? Just be as much of a support as you can, and leave the big stuff up to her custodians. You can drive yourself nuts! Try to take your hurt or righteous feelings out of the equation and look at it from a practical standpoint. It's hard, I know, but PS probably won't kill her. GL and big hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN