Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
How does last week look like? Did you get everything done that needed to be done?

undefined

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Happy Birthday!!

Mine is in 2 weeks.  I love November.  Fall is in the air, I can open my house up...when the temp is less than 75 (hitting uper 80's today), and Thanksgiving (my fav holiday for food).

Quoting jen2150:

Don't ask. I had jury duty which I ended up being excused for by pure luck. I had to explain what sodomy was to my 9 and 11 year old that was fun. Looking forward to this month. My b-day was awesome though.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! Happy birthday to you as well. :-)

Quoting coala:

Happy Birthday!!

Mine is in 2 weeks.  I love November.  Fall is in the air, I can open my house up...when the temp is less than 75 (hitting uper 80's today), and Thanksgiving (my fav holiday for food).

Quoting jen2150:

Don't ask. I had jury duty which I ended up being excused for by pure luck. I had to explain what sodomy was to my 9 and 11 year old that was fun. Looking forward to this month. My b-day was awesome though.

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!!

Quoting jen2150:

Thank you! Happy birthday to you as well. :-)

Quoting coala:

Happy Birthday!!

Quoting jen2150:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Holycamolie girl! Wow. lol But you are right. At least they get that quality time with grandma. Family time is as important as academic time. Not too many get that opportunity.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....Nope!

We are very far into our school year, so the boys took turns the last 2 weeks going to grandma's house.  It's wonderful that they get time with grandma one-on-one....BUT it meant teaching art, science, history, and music twice for each lesson.  Talk about boring!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Grandma time is wonderful.  Xavier is very aware that he did not get to spend nearly the amount of time with g-ma when he was going to public school.  When he got home, he curled up on the couch with me and thanked me for homeschooling him. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Holycamolie girl! Wow. lol But you are right. At least they get that quality time with grandma. Family time is as important as academic time. Not too many get that opportunity.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....Nope!

We are very far into our school year, so the boys took turns the last 2 weeks going to grandma's house.  It's wonderful that they get time with grandma one-on-one....BUT it meant teaching art, science, history, and music twice for each lesson.  Talk about boring!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Awwww ~ that is so sweet. A heart warming moment. Makes it all worth it too doesn't it? :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Grandma time is wonderful.  Xavier is very aware that he did not get to spend nearly the amount of time with g-ma when he was going to public school.  When he got home, he curled up on the couch with me and thanked me for homeschooling him. 

Quoting kirbymom:Holycamolie girl! Wow. lol But you are right. At least they get that quality time with grandma. Family time is as important as academic time. Not too many get that opportunity.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....Nope!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It certainly does!

Quoting kirbymom:

Awwww ~ that is so sweet. A heart warming moment. Makes it all worth it too doesn't it? :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Holycamolie girl! Wow. lol But you are right. At least they get that quality time with grandma. Family time is as important as academic time. Not too many get that opportunity.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL....Nope!

romacox
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You are pretty awesome yourself kirbymom, and I am honored to call you my friend.
Quoting kirbymom:

You are a sweetheart Roma! Truly you are. :)

Quoting romacox:

Happy November

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy November! We are pretty much on track for everything. I am currently debating on if I will continue to stick to the curriculum or kind of do my own thing. I still want to stick to the Waldorf style, but I am ready to change things up a bit and make my own instead of follow stories and suggestions from someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM
See? You are such a sweety. :)
Thank You! :))

Quoting romacox:

You are pretty awesome yourself kirbymom, and I am honored to call you my friend.

Quoting kirbymom:You are a sweetheart Roma! Truly you are. :)

Quoting romacox:Happy November

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN