Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

field trip activities

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone have any educational ideas to share of things they've done or want to do before, during, or after a field trip? Maybe them taking pictures with a disposable camera and creating a project after, or a scavenger hunt. I'm looking for ideas. :)
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

We've went to Indian Mounds and talked about erosion and stuff. We've pretended we were from that time and described what we saw.

collinsmommy0
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM
It depends where you are going. I usually do some background knowledge before we go, try to learn something while there, then talk about it after. DS is only 2.5, so each pArt is super simple (like reading a book about animals or.a zoo before going to the zoo)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have my kiddos plan their field trips.  Sometimes they surprise you with things you never would have thought of.  I often get a list or visit the website for museums that we are planning to visit.  Then the kids pick the exhibits they want to see the most.  We ended up visiting the model trains which led us to schedule an actual train ride.  I would not have expected that at all.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM

We have taken pictures and wrote about what that picture means.  You can take multiple pictures and make a book of what you learned at that particular place.

I've often gathered worksheets on the subjects we're learning that will also be covered at the museums we're going to and that way the kids have an opportunity to learn a little before and after they go.  We've also done scavenger hunts too.

I agree with a previous poster it really does depend on where you're going and what you're trying to get from that trip.  You can do diorama's, drawings and if it's a Science museum a science project based on what you've learned, it all depends on how much you want to go in depth of that learning experience.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Our homeschool group has kids write about them and creates a newsletter and yearbook
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)