Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What book is your child currently independently reading?
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (11-16):
PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

7 year old- Freckle Juice

11 year old- Harry Potter

13 year old-World war Z, John Carter, various poetry books

Me- Hitchhicker' s Guide to the Galaxy

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I like that! 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My kids aren't huge readers, they would rather watch tv or lay video games. But before bed they have 30 minutes built in to their bed time for reading. It's mandatory most of the time, unless we are out late or something. But typically, they are in bed at 7:45/8 and read until 8:15/8:30.

Quoting paganbaby:

Nothing :-( I can't get my younger two to read for fun at all. They'd rather watch T.V. in their spare time. My oldest dd is reading a Harry Styles fan fiction though. I'll take what I can get,lol.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Autumn is reading City of Bones, I think. She finished her Percy Jackson books and is having a hard time finding another series :(

Nico isn't reading anything independently yet, lol. He is currently stuck on Batman is Brave as a read-aloud, lol. Oh, and Curious George.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Me too.

It also gives me and DH that extra 30 min of alone/quiet time. And they are all ready for bed, they just read in bed then turn the light out at their bed time.

Quoting paganbaby:

I like that! 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My kids aren't huge readers, they would rather watch tv or lay video games. But before bed they have 30 minutes built in to their bed time for reading. It's mandatory most of the time, unless we are out late or something. But typically, they are in bed at 7:45/8 and read until 8:15/8:30.

Quoting paganbaby:

Nothing :-( I can't get my younger two to read for fun at all. They'd rather watch T.V. in their spare time. My oldest dd is reading a Harry Styles fan fiction though. I'll take what I can get,lol.

autodidact
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

he's reading Adam of the Road for an upcoming experiential Lit class, and Hyperbole and a Half independently. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Zombie Chasers #2 (independently and together, just depends on his mood that day) and his book this week is Bailey School Kids, Leprachauns Don't Play Basketball.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)