Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My house is filled with music and good smells.... Reason #357 why we homeschool

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this

My youngest and middle boys are taking turns singing while they build their lego and Gears creations.  Youngest sings the Ooompa Loompa song for a while then middle takes over singing The Jitterbug song.

We finished canning broth earlier this afternoon, and the house still smells like carmalizing onions and garlic.  And my oldest peeled and sliced apples to make a crisp for dessert tonight. 

I'm sitting here surrounded by the noisy, crazy, fun activities that make me so thankful to be homeschooling.  I would miss out so much if I sent them to ps, but they would miss out as well.

So what's your reason for homeschooling today?

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleCupcake
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My son got to spend the amount of time he needed to for him to understand his math.

My daughter got to move at her own fast pace and finished a week worth of science in one day. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

My son got to spend the amount of time he needed to for him to understand his math.

My daughter got to move at her own fast pace and finished a week worth of science in one day. 

Both are awesome reasons!  My 6yo needs extra time for his reading, and my oldest gets to race through his math.  Great reasons to homeschool.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We got to make ancient egyptian jewelry and the kids worked together to fill out a lapbook on the skeletal system.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting debramommyof4:

We got to make ancient egyptian jewelry and the kids worked together to fill out a lapbook on the skeletal system.

I think we do the skeletal system every single year.  They just love skeletons!  LOL And they like Egypt, but want to focus on the mummies.

kajira
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We made homemade pizza, and worked on writing, spelling and grammar after he read a science book today (which included speech therapy type stuff, due to enunciation issues.) 

I'm grateful that I can homeschool because if we didn't, we wouldn't get to work on these issues and they'd get overlooked.. (and they did for years in the public school system.) 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
DD's co-op Story of the World class is mummifying chickens...eek!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting debramommyof4:

I think we do the skeletal system every single year.  They just love skeletons!  LOL And they like Egypt, but want to focus on the mummies.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

The broth sounds wonderful! Our house smells like freshly baked homemade wheat rolls. :)

Reason for hs today - letting them jump on the trampoline for half an hour first thing. Really settled them down for the rest of the day.

Working on our math, reading, etc. but enjoying every minute as I watched my youngest, who hated math in ps last year, roll through it eagerly because she understands it now.

Working on these pages for November "just for fun" (my youngest copied them for us). Listening to them play school downstairs right now even though they could be watching tv instead. :)
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a sad reason to homeschool..knowing I can send DD to co-op and hqve her love learning without beimg bullied or picked on or harassed.
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We just got back from the library, where there was an amazing story teller performing by the name of Indiana Bones. If my children where in public school they would have missed out on this amazing opportunity because there would have been no time to go & get all the after-school things done before bedtime!

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM

That's sad but true!  My 3rd grader doesn't have the three girls from last year saying mean things to her all day.  She doesn't miss ps one bit.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

This is a sad reason to homeschool..knowing I can send DD to co-op and hqve her love learning without beimg bullied or picked on or harassed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)