Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you planing to get the LO's? Do you get what they want or what they need? Or a little bit of both? Does anyone else get out there and hit up black Friday? I for one LOVE the sales but I ALWAYS go over board. I need to scale back this year. Any tips? Okay sorry this post is so off topic and a little random, lol. gift christmas tree

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Replies (21-26):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
When my kids were little, since we are a blended family, every other year we got them on Christmas Day and didn't have them on Christmas Eve (luckily we managed to sync the schedules so we got them the same Christmas Eve/day....and now we are spoiled and just have them all the time :).....we told them that we wrote a letter to Santa asking him to come the next night so we could celebrate Christmas morning as a family.

I'm not sure what your reason could be for asking Santa to come late, but it's a thought. My little ones had no issue believing Santa came out a second night just for them.

Or are you able to do some small gifts, even from thrift stores or something, and put those under the tree from Santa on Christmas, and explain that mom and dad have gifts coming a bit later?

Quoting debramommyof4:

We were going to buy them each one large present then my husband was in a motorcycle accident. So unless the insurance pays up we may have a late Christmas. It socks but they will get something it just may be late. Now how to explain to kids that still believe Santa brings the presents? And 2 can read a calendar.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to shop on Black Friday.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been fighting for my disability for 3 years now, so the last 3 years have been super tight. We usually celebrate with extended family early (we celebrate Yule which is a few days before Christmas). So we ask for gift cards from all the extended then we combine that with the few bucks we have so the kids can still get their big gifts...but their little gifts usually come from thrift stores and FREECYCLE. This works for us, 2 years ago the kids got iPads, last year they got their 3ds'. 

Quoting debramommyof4:

We were going to buy them each one large present then my husband was in a motorcycle accident. So unless the insurance pays up we may have a late Christmas. It socks but they will get something it just may be late. Now how to explain to kids that still believe Santa brings the presents? And 2 can read a calendar.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Unless the insurance comes through we can barely pay our bills so even small gifts are a problem. Thanks for the idea and I will try to think of a good reason.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

When my kids were little, since we are a blended family, every other year we got them on Christmas Day and didn't have them on Christmas Eve (luckily we managed to sync the schedules so we got them the same Christmas Eve/day....and now we are spoiled and just have them all the time :).....we told them that we wrote a letter to Santa asking him to come the next night so we could celebrate Christmas morning as a family.

I'm not sure what your reason could be for asking Santa to come late, but it's a thought. My little ones had no issue believing Santa came out a second night just for them.

Or are you able to do some small gifts, even from thrift stores or something, and put those under the tree from Santa on Christmas, and explain that mom and dad have gifts coming a bit later?

Quoting debramommyof4:

angelamiles05
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM

What about toys for tots or another charity that could help give the kids a Christmas? That's what they are there for. Or is there any family that you could ask to loan you even $50.00 gifts don't need to be extravagant as long as there is something. Homemade even like coupon books for a day alone with mom/dad or ice cream night. Look at pintrest for homemade gift ideas. When there's a will there is a way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Unless the insurance comes through we can barely pay our bills so even small gifts are a problem. Thanks for the idea and I will try to think of a good reason.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
We are going to try toys for tots and see if they approve us.

I do not know why I am so worried this year.

The only other year I could not afford Christmas, Santa provided the biggest Christmas ever in our house. Christmas Eve there was a knock at the door and someone delivered two big bags of presents.

Quoting angelamiles05:

What about toys for tots or another charity that could help give the kids a Christmas? That's what they are there for. Or is there any family that you could ask to loan you even $50.00 gifts don't need to be extravagant as long as there is something. Homemade even like coupon books for a day alone with mom/dad or ice cream night. Look at pintrest for homemade gift ideas. When there's a will there is a way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)