Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone else ........ (OT)

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
BJ
  • 15 Replies

Having mysterious downloads pop up from Cafemom that you did not authorize? One is from a site called voicefive & the other is from a site called mono.vizu. I have blocked them from accessing my computers but was wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen to them!

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM
That happens a lot with other sites as well.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.
MommeisQueen
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yes 

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Non of my securetys have flagged them yet but I am being proactive in blocking them!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I know it is CafeMom because when it started I was on here & Facebook, so I did a process of elimination & came up with it being CafeMom!

Quoting kirbymom:

That happens a lot with other sites as well.

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM

A lot of the ads they put up have viruses embedded in them.  AdBlock works wonders to keep that crap from popping up.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting No_Difference:

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

We have never had good luck with McAfee! I scan my computers every time we turn them on just as a precaution!

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting debramommyof4:

Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.

I agree that they need to get rid of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)