Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Age Gaps

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey moms! I was thinking lately, because were trying for our second child....about the age gap....My DD is 3 years old. and If we get a BFP soon, they will be 4 years apart.

Do any of you moms have children 4 years apart? or close to? and if so are they boys or girls or both? How well do they get along, are they still young or older now, Anything you could share or advice would be wonderful!! Thank you!

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gummibear
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I have 5yr and 9yr girls and they get along just fine, they share a room and everything. It was only an issue when my youngest was a baby cause my 9yr was a rude child at 3yr lol and so it was her baby. They are 3 years and 2 months apart. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I can not help you much my kids are 7,6,4 and 3. But they all get along well and loved each other from the start except my 4 and 3 year old. My 4 year old refused to have anything to do with my 3 year old for her first year of life. But he loves her now and wants to be her hero.
posh417
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Mine are 3 years apart, almost exactly. They get along really well, basically as best friends and are extremely close. I don't see four years as being too much of a gap to where they won't play together. FIve years is pushing it, but it's also not that bad.

ripemango
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

from what I have seen age gap doesn't really have much to do with whether or not 2 siblings get along. I know someone who is really close to her brother that is 14 years older than she. Some siblings are just a year apart and don't get along at all.

I think it just comes down to the siblings personalities and whether they mesh or not.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

ripemango
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Aaaaww, that is just sooo sweet!

Quoting posh417:

Mine are 3 years apart, almost exactly. They get along really well, basically as best friends and are extremely close. I don't see four years as being too much of a gap to where they won't play together. FIve years is pushing it, but it's also not that bad.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN