Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I work as a massage thereapist...and I was wondering if you think its possible to work and homeschool? I cant affford to sahm and homeschool only...I was thinking I could work 3-9 every night and jsut work nights, and homeschool during the day...do you think this is possible??

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (11-15):
Massage-Mom
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting jen2150:

You can also homeschool year round and do a lighter schedule. Do you have help with the homeschooling part or will you be doing most of the instruction.

basically just me. I have a friend who wants to do it with me and add a few others but we are the only ones so far but she lives over an hour away from me so i dont see it happening that way

LoriAlane8
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Go for it!
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I would certainly think so if your kids are still pretty young.  It's only a few hrs a day when they are little.

megbugsmom
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
It is very possible, just don't work yourself to death and become so overwhelmed that you end up backing out of either work or homeschooling your daughter. Set yourself a schedule that is realistic and stick to it. Don't forget to leave time for you!
Some days is more overwhelming than others, especially if you listen to others opinions about your child and that you are not doing enough.
You do what is best for you and your child.
Don't compromise on what your goals are for your baby. :)
celticdragon77
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I am a single mom; I homeschool in the mornings, nap in the afternoon, get up to take care of dinner along with other evening tasks before heading off to my 3rd shift job (my oldest child is here at night).

We homeschool 4days a week, 4-5hrs a day, all year round - minus any breaks we decide to take. My kids are 18, 12, 10 (the younger two are the ones homeschooled). We have off from school and work for most of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)