Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TGIF! I need this weekend *yawn *

Posted by   + Show Post
I only have basics planned this weekend, We've had such a busy week, I could use the break. How is your weekend shaping up?
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Replies (11-19):
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
That is a very worthwhile way to spend your time. I always appreciate seeing the flags and remembering our vets. Thanks to you and your family for doing that.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I *thought* it was going to be a quiet weekend...*sigh*

Tonight the kids have both Antlers and Boy Scouts, both start at 7pm. Ian is President of Antlers and we have special visitors coming from 5 hours away to see how we run the Lodge so he will run the business portion of the meeting and then when the social time come, I will run him to Scouts. Luckily they are only a mila apart.

Saturday night the Antlers are serving dinner for Veterans from the local vet home.

Sunday is only church...whew...

Monday @ 7am we are going and placing flags on veterans graves at the local cemetary then go back at sunset and pick them up.

posh417
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I just got a cold yesterday. I'm so glad it's the weekend.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I need it!

I hope your weekend is amazing! It sounds like a great time!

Quoting kmath:

I wish you all the luck in the world!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

This is one of our few unscheduled weekends so we're going to do a ton of deep cleaning and sorting things to donate or sell on eBay.  I'm hoping to have a seriously clean and organized house by Sunday afternoon.  It's good to dream anyhow! :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks to you too!  I think it will be a blast!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Thanks I need it!

I hope your weekend is amazing! It sounds like a great time!

Quoting kmath:

I wish you all the luck in the world!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

This is one of our few unscheduled weekends so we're going to do a ton of deep cleaning and sorting things to donate or sell on eBay.  I'm hoping to have a seriously clean and organized house by Sunday afternoon.  It's good to dream anyhow! :)

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better and get some rest.

Quoting posh417:

I just got a cold yesterday. I'm so glad it's the weekend.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
We had to cancel lessons for The day. I overslept and my in laws are coming tomorrow and my house has to be spotless and rearranged to accommodate them.
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Roller.  I don't think we would be able to afford ice....the fees at the closest ice rink are triple what they are at the skating rink.

Super busy!  My SO is laying down for a nap now because he won't get another chance for a few day.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Wow! That's a busy weekend! Does your family do ice or roller skating?

Quoting coala:

Our weekend is looking busier than I have EVER wanted.  I am going to be exhausted by Sunday at noon.

We are going to be at the skating rink at 4 today for practice...until my LO is done.

At the rink by 815 tomorrow morning for group lesson, Tiny Tot skating session 10-12, birthday party 1-4, speed skating practice 4-7. 11 hours at the skating rink.....I think I may need a nap before the day is done.

Back to the rink at 930 for speed skating practice again....then I can come home and collapse.

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I think you have a few worhwhile causes to be tired over.  Have a great weekend.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That is a very worthwhile way to spend your time. I always appreciate seeing the flags and remembering our vets. Thanks to you and your family for doing that.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I *thought* it was going to be a quiet weekend...*sigh*

Tonight the kids have both Antlers and Boy Scouts, both start at 7pm. Ian is President of Antlers and we have special visitors coming from 5 hours away to see how we run the Lodge so he will run the business portion of the meeting and then when the social time come, I will run him to Scouts. Luckily they are only a mila apart.

Saturday night the Antlers are serving dinner for Veterans from the local vet home.

Sunday is only church...whew...

Monday @ 7am we are going and placing flags on veterans graves at the local cemetary then go back at sunset and pick them up.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Ouch!  That would be expensive.  Roller is super cheap here too.  I haven't checked ice skating prices in quite awhile.

I hope he enjoys his nap before your weekend starts rolling (corny humor, sorry!).  :)

Quoting coala:

Roller.  I don't think we would be able to afford ice....the fees at the closest ice rink are triple what they are at the skating rink.

Super busy!  My SO is laying down for a nap now because he won't get another chance for a few day.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Wow! That's a busy weekend! Does your family do ice or roller skating?

Quoting coala:

Our weekend is looking busier than I have EVER wanted.  I am going to be exhausted by Sunday at noon.

We are going to be at the skating rink at 4 today for practice...until my LO is done.

At the rink by 815 tomorrow morning for group lesson, Tiny Tot skating session 10-12, birthday party 1-4, speed skating practice 4-7. 11 hours at the skating rink.....I think I may need a nap before the day is done.

Back to the rink at 930 for speed skating practice again....then I can come home and collapse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN