Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

20 days until Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 40 Replies
One answer per reply. 8)
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I am so thankful that my husband has a well-paying job with benefits and we can live where we do, have the things we have, and have the luxury to homeschool as well as the choice for decent schools. But it sure is hard to be thankful for the "stuff" when he is gone for so many hours and days. Many times I think about abandoning this large, expensive house for something more simple in a less congested area and my husband having a less demanding job.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I can appreciate your thoughts on that. Hubby just started a 9 day work stretch because his assistant is on vacation.

Quoting Chasing3:

I am so thankful that my husband has a well-paying job with benefits and we can live where we do, have the things we have, and have the luxury to homeschool as well as the choice for decent schools. But it sure is hard to be thankful for the "stuff" when he is gone for so many hours and days. Many times I think about abandoning this large, expensive house for something more simple in a less congested area and my husband having a less demanding job.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I understand.  My husband works so many hours, and we miss him so badly.  He is always worried about money, but we have everything we could ever want and more.  I'd love just to have more time for the girls and I with him.

Quoting Chasing3:

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I'm thankful my 3rd grader loves math again instead of saying she hates it.  She even told my mom she liked math class.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
First of all, yikes.
Second of all, I am thankful that my family and I are still alive and family.
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm also thankful for this big goofy dog. He makes us laugh & I never worry about the girls playing outside because he's always with them.
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Family

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

friends

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
That my husband did not die in his motorcycle accident.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM
That my family is healthy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)