Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Am I the only one...

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

who doesn't like lapbooks? I just can't get seem to get into them. I like unit studies, I just don't like the lapbook process.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
My 7 year old hates them. I am hoping teaming up on it will help. But she is really an unschooler at heart.
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I've always like the idea of lapbooks and had always planned on trying one.  Never happened.  I can't get into them either.  I am not the creative type at all.  I still like looking at other people's though.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We never did lapbooks. It's not for everyone.

DyslexiaParent
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Nothing says you HAVE to do a lapbook with unit studies.  I have boys.. We were much more inclined to do "projects" in relation to our studies because they weren't into books.  It's like the suspension bridge we built in this project: http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/19259834/Show_Us_How_YOU_Homeschool_WIN_a_25_Gift_Card?next=44 (Scroll down to see our bridge ;-)  We love our unit studies, but lapbooks.. Nahhhh.  Free yourself and do what comes naturally and what your kids like!  Don't feel like you HAVE to do the lapbooks.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I love them but make them simple nothing too complicated. I prefer them all laid out. I would not want to use them all the time. I do a lapbook journal combination. They are not for everyone.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Nope, you aren't.

I don't do lapbooks... or unit studies. They irritate me.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

We made one about the papacy and the new pope. It almost sent me over the edge. The cutting... the coloring... the pasting... the research...

No. Just no. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I don't like them, but my kids do.
Grumpy.Cat
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I think they could be fun to do once in a while, but more often than one or two a year would be stretching it for me.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Not a fan. They seem incredibly labor-intensive for very little learning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN