Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Ok, so i have learned that we need to do our school time in tge morning, or its so hars to get done becauae the kids are absorbed in their toys or play, and baby gets fussier later in the day, so ideally we start at 9:30-12. Well mondays we alreasy have our sxhool group we meet with. Tuesdays i am exhuasted from being out ALL mondays. Wednesdays i have bible study in tge morning (thats my ONLY me time), and thursdays we go to the park with friends in the morning. Well, my neighbor has two boys, 4 and 2, and she was apart if LLL and a park dayvwith me, we have known eachother for about a year. She wants to homeschool her chuldren and ants to encourage a relationship with my kids since she likes how they play together. Mornings work best because of naps, but its harder for me, plus i honestly would also like older kids to participate. My kids also have additional classes, and several friends are asking for piano lessons from me that i am hoping to start in January, so i fear our schedule getting too full. I said maybe everyother friday, but deep down i am feeling kind od anxious about adding one more thing. I guess we will see how it all falls into place.
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-16):
Precious333
by Julia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Yeah. We love field trips, so far only had one this year, and planning atleast a few more.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Yeah, that's busier than we are.

This is what we have settled into...

Tuesdays at 2:45, one child has choir practice.

Wednesdays at 2:45, another child has choir practice and then they have church clubs at night.

Thursdays: This is our event day.   We get up, do math and a little grammar.   Then we head over to the following activities:    PE, drama, Art, and kinder class for the kinder.   Then we come home, have dinner, and the girls head to sewing class with me and my DH enjoys some "man" time with the boys.   (Usually the baby runs around the living room while he and my 9 yr old play WII bowling)

Fridays:   there's an optional science seminar right now at noon, but we only do this if we've done our other stuff and are up to it.

However, we belong to a field trip group, too, so there are some random events.    My son also plays baseball in the spring with the local athletic group, so "after school hours and saturdays"...

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Well then, this is how you see if it can work for you. When you k to people about adding them to your schedule, you tell them that you will do so on a trial basis for X amount of time and then try it out and see it what you add works out.

For me though, I am wondering how you are doing it now with what you already do! lol Can you say busy busy!?? :)
craftyzenmom
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
SO glad to hear I'm not the only one with an insane schedule that never stops! Homeschool moms are often running around like crazy to make this work for their kids and no one notices :) Take on what you think you can and then pray for all the other stuff that comes along!
Precious333
by Julia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Yep, friday is a down day, i dont know if i want to.give that up. Im thinking of maybe asking her.to just join our park day.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well then, this is how you see if it can work for you. When you k to people about adding them to your schedule, you tell them that you will do so on a trial basis for X amount of time and then try it out and see it what you add works out.

For me though, I am wondering how you are doing it now with what you already do! lol Can you say busy busy!?? :)

Precious333
by Julia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Lol! Yep!

Quoting craftyzenmom:

SO glad to hear I'm not the only one with an insane schedule that never stops! Homeschool moms are often running around like crazy to make this work for their kids and no one notices :) Take on what you think you can and then pray for all the other stuff that comes along!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
lol - Yeah, what little 'me' time I have, I gaurd with my life. It's how I keep my sanity intact.
Okay, I know. I'm not really all that sane. LOL

Quoting Precious333:

Yep, friday is a down day, i dont know if i want to.give that up. Im thinking of maybe asking her.to just join our park day.

Quoting kirbymom:Well then, this is how you see if it can work for you. When you k to people about adding them to your schedule, you tell them that you will do so on a trial basis for X amount of time and then try it out and see it what you add works out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN