Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay mommas what is the best way to keep record of days your doing school?

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What works for me is my big desk calendar.  I just write down what subjects we did that day and how long it took us.  Not a lot of detail, but enough for me since no one asks to see it.  :)

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
All we have to do here is keep track of attendance, so I just have a planner that I put a check mark on the days we have school.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I just use a dollar store day planner.
army_5_wife
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thank you ladies, I think I am making this much more complicated then it is. lol. I really like the big desk calendar and day planner idea.

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I use a 5 subject notebook, just write down my plans.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I use the House of Doolittle planner from Amazon. It costs about $8 and lasts me a whole year. It is divided by week - Mon through Fri along the top in columns, and then seven rows. I have three children so I divide the seven rows into 2 for each child (they are lined, about 6 or 7 lines in each row) and then the bottom row is for notes or things we all do together.

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I have an excel spreadsheet with what we do each day.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I use that plus a 5 subject spiral notebook. Other than that, I keep some of the work we do because it also has the days date plus the year's date.

Quoting hwblyf:

What works for me is my big desk calendar.  I just write down what subjects we did that day and how long it took us.  Not a lot of detail, but enough for me since no one asks to see it.  :)

ambcortez
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My teaching books came with calendar charts that I could either print copies of or just use the originals. I use reward stars for each day and keep up with the lesson number that goes with that day. 

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I also have a mom's calendar kind of thing that I use to write down more detailed plans, but I've been VERY slack in actually doing that.  The big calendar ALWAYS gets done.

Quoting kirbymom:

I use that plus a 5 subject spiral notebook. Other than that, I keep some of the work we do because it also has the days date plus the year's date.

Quoting hwblyf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)