Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Okay mommas what is the best way to keep record of days your doing school?

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Replies (11-12):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We have to log our hours...

So I made an excell sheet that has the core subjects running down the top side and then the non core hours running down the lower half...  each kid's name is across the top....  

I also have a page of abbreviations like (R/S is Rod and Staff, APG is apologia)  I simply write in R/S : 28 to stand for Rod & Staff English lesson 28.   There is enough room to jot a few notes, or if the kids do the same thing, I just draw an arrow across all the kids' columns so I don't have to write it twice.

At the bottom of each child's column, I have core and non-core hours listed for the day, and below that is a running total for yr to date.  

I'm more of a pen and paper kind of gal for carrying stuff around and doing it, so I prefer to print these off and fill them in keeping them in a binder.    I also put a page/insert in there for sick days and vacations explaining any big gaps in school.

My binder holds approximately two months worth, so every two months, I take the stack out, bind it with rubber bands and label it as "McCuen Family H/S : Daily Logs" and the dates, then I store them at the bottom of our school pantry until I get the whole year, then I bind that up and keep it until the following year replaces it.   I don't know how long I'm supposed to keep it, so I just keep the previous years.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I have a small year's calendar all on one page and I put a smiley sticker on each day as we do it.  I have one in each boy's portfolio binder for my evaluator to look at in June.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN