Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third place!!! *bragging mama post*

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 6 Replies
4 moms liked this

Liam and Abby participated in Junior Bible Quiz..    I'm proud of both of them.   Abby didn't place, but she was terrific and answered several questions right earning points for her Rookie team.   She enjoyed herself immensely.    

Liam placed third in the minors.   I'm estimating about 20-25  kids participated in minors.   He did great!

Kaycee choose to quit JBQ because in our church the only other kids are her siblings and boys much younger than her.   

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Congrats to them!
Bummer there arent older competitors for your DD.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

There are older ones at the competition we travel to, but no one else in our church participates that are her age.   She has tried to drum up interest, but she keeps getting told that everyone her age is already too busy to be involved in something else.  

She really wanted to quit because every Sunday she is the only child even remotely close to her age, so she stares out the window and just hates being in class.  Imagine being in class with your younger brother (whom you don't really get along with) and 3-4 other boys actually younger than him.  

It was ok with us and her teachers that she quit.   She has other things to engage in, we are in drama, art club, and will be starting PE in January.   She actually didn't ask, her teacher was the one that was concerned for her and asked me about it.   When I brought it up, she was glad we said something.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Congrats to them!
Bummer there arent older competitors for your DD.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Congrats!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Oh that is terrific! So proud when kids do great. :)
Hopefully your daughter can fibd something closer to her age to get involved in.
TidewaterClan
by Kate on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Congratulations!  

jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Woo hoo way to go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)