Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a brand new week! What is on the docket this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

All the failures and stresses of last week can fade away. 8) A brand new week to try to get stuff right. Yay! LOL

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Lol I have had weeks like that. So tell me, Science cakes?

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I have no idea. I'm lost this week. Friday we are doing cake decorating, Wednesday I plan to have them bake some "science cakes" and some regular cake from scratch. Math and spelling each day. Reading a few chapters in SOTW....trying to finish ancients and move on because the kids are kind of bored, we will come back to ancients again in depth in high school.

And I don't know what else...I just posted about my lack of planning. Don't tell DH...he will remind me PPPPP....Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance, lol.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Saint Martin was a man (knight, I think) who stopped his horse when he saw a beggar on the side of the road freezing to death. He took his sword and cut his cloak in half, sharing it with him. He did many other things to make him a saint, but that is what is most popularly remembered.

Quoting mem82:

Never heard of it. Please educate me! I'm too lazy to Google. Lol

Quoting Boobah:

We are celebrating martinmas this week (Saint Martin)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM
The steam engine sounds great. Will you post pics when done?

Quoting kmath:

We have a field trip to the zoo tomorrow and then back to normal stuff.  Working on subtraction, building an Assyrian seige engine, writing to his pen pal and all that other fun school stuff.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope you get to go!

Quoting debramommyof4:

We are staring muscles in science. In history we are finishing up Egypt and starting prehistoric people and then moving on to ancient Israel and Mesopotamia.

Tomorrow we are going to try to attend a Veteran's Day celebration if my husband's PTSD will allow it.

The Little ones are going to work on the letter B, the number 2 and triangles along with talking about butterflies. My 4 year old will also add working on addition facts.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Cool

Quoting Boobah:

Saint Martin was a man (knight, I think) who stopped his horse when he saw a beggar on the side of the road freezing to death. He took his sword and cut his cloak in half, sharing it with him. He did many other things to make him a saint, but that is what is most popularly remembered.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Boobah:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Julia is learning about saints and heroes this year, so we are talking about a lot of saints. I had to cut some out because the curric included so many.

Quoting mem82:

Cool

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Never. He was so nervous the first Time but once he did it he was hooked. I think they love the audience. They are complete opposite of me. I still get nervous every time I go to karate or teach at co-op. Once I start I am fine but I always get butterflies.

Quoting mem82:

Lol Anytime I hear Culture Club I think of Boy George. The club sounds awesome. Does your son get stage fright?

Quoting jen2150:

Culture club and a field trip to a water treatment plant. My youngest is doing a presentation on Arabian Ostriches. I bought him some ostrich eggs and he is very excited. We are also having a guest speaker from a local mosque to talk about Jordon.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

We're in the process of building and getting better.  I thought cake bakes were typically with the Blue and Gold?

Quoting mem82:

Lol I feel you. Speaking of Webelos, our Pack's cake bake is tomorrow and I'm the one running it. Crazy! Is your Pack doing one?

Quoting hwblyf:

I'd like to study, in an in-depth fashion, the mechanics of sleep.  I'll be the person being studied.  :)

So we're working on manners, my Webelos are working on their scientist badges, math, weather, big time book reports, magic, and swimming.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I got a bunch of handwriting stuff together last night but need to focus more on math. We have a play date on Thurs and are having work done on our hardwood floors today so this week will be a little messed up.  We'll probably start talking about Thanksgiving this week too and reading stories about it.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
We're doing school as usual, but on Wednesday we're going to the imagination movers tour. The girls are super excited!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN