Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a brand new week! What is on the docket this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

All the failures and stresses of last week can fade away. 8) A brand new week to try to get stuff right. Yay! LOL

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-22):
kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

If we can actually get it finished I will definitely post pictures!

Quoting mem82:

The steam engine sounds great. Will you post pics when done?

Quoting kmath:

We have a field trip to the zoo tomorrow and then back to normal stuff.  Working on subtraction, building an Assyrian seige engine, writing to his pen pal and all that other fun school stuff.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM

It's actually Chemistry Cakes apparently, lol  http://www.education.com/activity/article/Bake_Cake_fifth/

We will also talk about this, read the difference between baking soda and baking powder and the chemistry of cake baking and the science of baking, chemistry of baking poweder

We already looked at the cupcake periodic table

We are doing cake decorating with friends down the street, the 12 yo was baking and didn't follow the recipe and her cupcakes didn't rise, which prompted the mom to look into the science of baking and she sent me all of these links.  So now my kids will get a science of baking lesson when we make cakes tomorrow for our cake decorating on Friday...we are also baking from scratch (at least that's the plan), I typically use a box even though I know how horrible that is!

Quoting mem82:

Lol I have had weeks like that. So tell me, Science cakes?

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I have no idea. I'm lost this week. Friday we are doing cake decorating, Wednesday I plan to have them bake some "science cakes" and some regular cake from scratch. Math and spelling each day. Reading a few chapters in SOTW....trying to finish ancients and move on because the kids are kind of bored, we will come back to ancients again in depth in high school.

And I don't know what else...I just posted about my lack of planning. Don't tell DH...he will remind me PPPPP....Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN