Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do anything fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Friday we went to an historic farmers market, totally forgot about Co-op, and spent 90% of the day getting ready for a Homeowners Association meeting (which what made me forget about co-op...that and my reminder I had on my phone didn't go off)
Saturday, we took the kids to see Thor (loved it)
Sunday, Hubby had game nights at his friend's for the majority of the day, the kids had a superhero marathon they had turned on on Fox, while Jamie "read" while "listening to the movies," there was no reading... and Riley reinacted the movies with his soldiers. I curled up in a blanket and read 2 books...it was awesome lol (I so should have been trying to catch up on lesson plans and piecing the portfolio together more). At 9, hubby and I went to the neighbors and watched Walking Dead while the kids had a mini party in the living room for that hour.

MammaG08
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I had the worst day yesterday.  Went to a baby shower with my in-laws, and was basically pounced  on, ridiculed, and yelled at for homeschooling.  Made a pretty awful day for me, but I am still staying strong and carrying on.  I can't give up all the wonderful benefits I am seeing, and the wonderful relationship I have with my children!   Had to vent. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM
It has been great. I've been walking in Philadelphia and having some very much needed mommy time.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I don't understand how people feel they have the right to tell you what you should or should not do with YOUR children. Hugs! Try to put them out of your mind and enjoy this time. :)

Quoting MammaG08:

I had the worst day yesterday.  Went to a baby shower with my in-laws, and was basically pounced  on, ridiculed, and yelled at for homeschooling.  Made a pretty awful day for me, but I am still staying strong and carrying on.  I can't give up all the wonderful benefits I am seeing, and the wonderful relationship I have with my children!   Had to vent. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I watch a little boy and his older sisters are in public. Same issue. He just constantly has a runny nose. We go to classes and get exposed to things but I swear ps desks make mutant bugs. Lol

Quoting Boobah:

Oh no :( I hope it passes soon. My middle started a 2 day play school on October 1st and we have been sick ever since. This is the first weekend we are almost all better. So not worth it.

Quoting kirbymom:

My weekend has been spent being sick.Boy do I hate being sick! bleh. Its been three weeks now.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
That's terrible! I'm sorry.

Quoting MammaG08:

ambcortez
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM

We went to my MIL's birthday get-together and hung out with DH's family.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
It is insane. Everyone says I am doing my children a disservice by being aware of germs (hand washing, washing toys, cleaning surfaces, avoiding indoor play places during fall and winter) and that they will have weak immune systems because we homeschool and "are hermits".
That might be true, but we aren't home that much. I don't feel like letting my kid roll in germs so they can have every sickness known to man is going to "help their immune system".

Quoting mem82:

I watch a little boy and his older sisters are in public. Same issue. He just constantly has a runny nose. We go to classes and get exposed to things but I swear ps desks make mutant bugs. Lol

Quoting Boobah:

Oh no :( I hope it passes soon. My middle started a 2 day play school on October 1st and we have been sick ever since. This is the first weekend we are almost all better. So not worth it.

Quoting kirbymom:

My weekend has been spent being sick.Boy do I hate being sick! bleh. Its been three weeks now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Molimomma
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

No. My husband had his deviated septum fixed and rhinoplasty on Wednesday and our household has been miserable ever since. I was dreading it because I knew it was going to be awful but it's been even worse than I anticipated. We spent pretty much all of Wednesday at the hospital from 5:45AM until 2PM(with my 3.5 year old!) and every day since has been about medicines, what he can and can't eat, nasal washes, keeping my son occupied, my husband sleeping on the couch, and me busting my butt from before sun up until at least 8 or 9PM. It's 5 more days until he gets the splints out, finishes his antibiotics and goes back to work and it feels like FOR.EV.ER.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM

We did a little science, a little history, a little home ec, and a lot of cleaning,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)