Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do anything fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We went shopping for lighting for our kitchen on Saturday. On Sunday we installed it. We went with pod lighting & put the ceiling light & the light over the sink on different switches!

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Friday we just relaxed a little.

Saturday we did a little grocery shopping and went to visit my mother and stepdad.

Sunday we went to church, then came home to relax and later we watched the Saints vs Cowboys game!! Who Dat yes I'm a saints fan!!
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

We got tons of cleaning and organizing done.  Now all of our school books are back in one spot!

coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Mine was just as exhausting as I thought it was going to be.  I don't usually drink coffee, but Satruday was a 3 cup day.  We were at the skating rink by 815, left at noon for lunch across the street at McDonald's, back to the rink at 1.  We then were with a birthday party from 1-4 and then speed skating practice from 4-7.  Back to the rink at 930 on Sunday morning....here is where mom cheats a little...Daddy took the early shift and I got the LO ready and we met them at 1030.  We were home by 1230 for lunch and let the kiddo's play outside for a bit as the weather was beautiful.  I just need sleep now.  LOL

MammaG08
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Thanks Bobah.  It was a tough couple of days after all that, but we are going to carry on.  Like you said, they areMY kids! 

Quoting Boobah:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I don't understand how people feel they have the right to tell you what you should or should not do with YOUR children. Hugs! Try to put them out of your mind and enjoy this time. :)

Quoting MammaG08:

I had the worst day yesterday.  Went to a baby shower with my in-laws, and was basically pounced  on, ridiculed, and yelled at for homeschooling.  Made a pretty awful day for me, but I am still staying strong and carrying on.  I can't give up all the wonderful benefits I am seeing, and the wonderful relationship I have with my children!   Had to vent. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Finished Christmas shopping (now to make everything!!)
Spent Saturday stitching
Sunday was our Church's Thanksgiving dinner, so it was a rush kind of day.  Made a turkey and "real" gravy (cuz I HATE canned gravy or gravy mix) and baked apples, roasted greenbeans, and chocolate "black bottom" cupcakes.  (I'm on the board).
Spent the rest of Sunday just chillin with the kiddos.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I'm going to continue on with this post. Lol!
We had a good weekend. We did a lot of baking Sunday - pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, made apple squash soup
Saturday we went out to breakfast, the grocery, then just hung out at home doing crafts and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I got to tour the Life Flight center with my son's Tiger den.  That was awesome.  I should have cleaned, but again, I put it off.  :(

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Eh, it's okay to have fun. The cleaning will still be there. Lol

Quoting hwblyf:

I got to tour the Life Flight center with my son's Tiger den.  That was awesome.  I should have cleaned, but again, I put it off.  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Friday we had 4H so we ditched school and did it on Saturday instead...except Jamie had play practice for Girl Scouts on Saturday which I had totally forgotten about, so what we didn't finish on Saturday, we finshed Sunday.
Sunday I found a scarf I had started knitting 2 years ago, and now I intend on finishing it, and then starting and finishing the matching hat and finally give it to the person I was making it for lol. Only problem with this plan, my cysts are already starting to come back with a vengance, and the over all swelling in my hands and wrists may just put another halt to the project. :( 

This week we're going to try and get ahead with all our school stuffs so we can take a week off next week for our impromptu road trip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)