Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am not ready for today! EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you ever have days when you just aren't prepared for the day of lessons? I've been having those on lots of Mondays. We have also been slacking on Fridays...so I end up having them finish Friday's work on Monday, while I write plans, then I have them each type their own lesson plans which gives them some typing practice.

I own three printers, two are out of ink and the third is not the best printer and it's kind of packed up. So I need to pull that out if I want to print anything. We do a lot of printed worksheets and stuff. And I'm sitting here typing on cafemom instead of getting to work. Today is Veteran's Day so maybe we will just talk about what that means, do a little math and some spelling, and then I will head to work. I also have to leave for work at 11, so I don't intend to get a whole bunch done anyway...but I will leave some reading for them to do this afternoon.

Please just reassure me that it's ok to do it like this. I kind of feel like it's going to be like this until after the holidays. Is that really ok?

ETA: Fridays are a half day! lol.  I keep it light, math and spelling and finish up whatever they need to from the rest of the week (usually some history reading or an art project).  Thanks for all the input though, I am not stressing over it-we don't have to show much at the end of the year so as long as they are learning I'm good with it.  I just don't want to slack so much that they think they never have to do anything lol.

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Replies (11-13):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

LOL!  Sorry.

Yes, I have been unprepared for the day.  Confession, there were days as a PS teacher that I was unprepared for the day.  There were days that the school completely changed the schedule for the day and I had the materials I had prepped for one set of classes to find out that I would be seeing the whole other set.  It's alright to fly by the seat of your pants some.  In fact I have had some of my best lessons doing just that!  :-)

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Could you ever squeeze in 2 hrs over the weekend? It would add up over time.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Everyone has off days no matter if they homeschool or not. The wonderful thing about homeschooling & off days is you can make them what you need them to be & no one can tell you it is wrong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)