Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recycling "Old" Lessons ? ....

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 10 Replies
Do you ever re-use/re-cycle any lessons to bring a fresh perspective to a subject that could use a sprucing up or to help facilitate some fresh understanding?

If so, how?

undefined

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I plan to. Dd is only four and we are using apologia astronomy. She lives it but the notebook is too much for her right now. I just read to her. Later we will come back and do it again bit add the notebook.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Yes.  Right now we are re-learning nutrition.  We hit it over and over and over again.  Every single time they begin stealing food.  Typically there is no such thing as stealing food in our house, but every once in a while they begin to refuse foods for silly reasons (like the soup has shell noodles instead of alphabets) and they begin to dig out goodies instead of eating the healthy food.  It's time to dig out the nutrition exercises and remind them of why we don't just eat potato chips and candy bars all the time.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM
That can be frustrating indeed. Hopefully you will help them understand their need to eat healthy, again.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yes.  Right now we are re-learning nutrition.  We hit it over and over and over again.  Every single time they begin stealing food.  Typically there is no such thing as stealing food in our house, but every once in a while they begin to refuse foods for silly reasons (like the soup has shell noodles instead of alphabets) and they begin to dig out goodies instead of eating the healthy food.  It's time to dig out the nutrition exercises and remind them of why we don't just eat potato chips and candy bars all the time.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Wow. You have a lot of great opportunities to be able to make fresh lessons out of older lessons as she gets older. Reading is a great start too. :)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

I plan to. Dd is only four and we are using apologia astronomy. She lives it but the notebook is too much for her right now. I just read to her. Later we will come back and do it again bit add the notebook.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

And again. And again. And again.  One day they'll get it.

Quoting kirbymom:

That can be frustrating indeed. Hopefully you will help them understand their need to eat healthy, again.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We will probably re-do SOTW when he gets older and can retain more than he can now.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol ~ yeah. I can empathize there. Just remember, this a just a phase. This is just a phase.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

And again. And again. And again.  One day they'll get it.

Quoting kirbymom:That can be frustrating indeed. Hopefully you will help them understand their need to eat healthy, again.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean. Sometimes all
that is needed is another year of maturity for that to happen. And sometimes a few years at that.

Quoting kmath:

We will probably re-do SOTW when he gets older and can retain more than he can now.

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I think History and Social Studies are really the hardest to retain, even when we make them fun.  That is a TON of info to be giving them.  He has a pretty good general view of everything we have gone over, but he definitely doesn't remember a lot of it.  He loves it though, so going back over it won't bother him!

Quoting kirbymom:

I know what you mean. Sometimes all
that is needed is another year of maturity for that to happen. And sometimes a few years at that.

Quoting kmath:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved history a lot myself and had a difficult time remembering facts when I was young.

Quoting kmath:

I think History and Social Studies are really the hardest to retain, even when we make them fun.  That is a TON of info to be giving them.  He has a pretty good general view of everything we have gone over, but he definitely doesn't remember a lot of it.  He loves it though, so going back over it won't bother him!

Quoting kirbymom:I know what you mean. Sometimes all

Quoting kmath:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)