Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT - are you making any gifts this year?

Posted by   + Show Post
What kind of gifts are you making? Pics are welcome as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Ornaments so far

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My kids love weaving the ribbon pillows - http://www.funezcrafts.com/Fun-Easy-Projects-Woven-Ribbon-Pillow-Shaker-Style-Weave.html

Quoting debramommyof4:

My Girls want to weave, with yarn, their brother and sister a pillow. I am trying to find a pattern so I can help them. This is the first year they have wanted to make something.

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Thanks I will check it out.

Quoting KickButtMama:

My kids love weaving the ribbon pillows - http://www.funezcrafts.com/Fun-Easy-Projects-Woven-Ribbon-Pillow-Shaker-Style-Weave.html

Quoting debramommyof4:

My Girls want to weave, with yarn, their brother and sister a pillow. I am trying to find a pattern so I can help them. This is the first year they have wanted to make something.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Those are beautiful Shannon! How long does something like that take you to create ?

Best of luck at your craft fair btw!

Quoting KickButtMama:

DoilyTable cloth

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM
That is beautiful!

I would love to crochet something dainty and beautiful like this but I haven't attempted it yet!

Quoting KickButtMama:

DoilyTable cloth

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM

The kids and I will be doing some no-sew blankets for their grandparents.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM

The doily only takes me a week at most, the table cloth is about a month, simply because to the size. The table cloth is tatted, btw, whereas the doily is crochet.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Those are beautiful Shannon! How long does something like that take you to create ?

Best of luck at your craft fair btw!

Quoting KickButtMama:

DoilyTable cloth

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I hadn't attempted anything so dainty before last Christmas. It's very different from crochet/knit of larger items, like a scarf or something, my biggest problem with crochet of any size is that I tend to hold the string very tightly and I would get so sore in my knuckles...that's why I started tatting (the tablecloth) it's sooo much gentler on my hands! ;)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

That is beautiful!

I would love to crochet something dainty and beautiful like this but I haven't attempted it yet!

Quoting KickButtMama:

DoilyTable cloth

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I might have to this year. *sigh*
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I also hold the string/yarn very tightly.  I have to do extra stitches because mine are so tight.

I will have to look into tatting, I've never seen how to do it before.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I hadn't attempted anything so dainty before last Christmas. It's very different from crochet/knit of larger items, like a scarf or something, my biggest problem with crochet of any size is that I tend to hold the string very tightly and I would get so sore in my knuckles...that's why I started tatting (the tablecloth) it's sooo much gentler on my hands! ;)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

That is beautiful!

Quoting KickButtMama:

DoilyTable cloth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)