Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Many of you know my eldest is on the autism spectrum. Over the summer we participated in a photoshoot for spectrum kids. The photos are for a book called Through The Spectrum which is coming out soon. I just wanted to show how beautiful the photos are coming out- my eldest is the 2nd & 3rd pics in the online book - 

http://www.stacieturnerphotography.com/book-4/

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Edited by
on
Replies (11-20):
coala
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM

He is adorable!!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Awesome pics!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Each child in the project wrote a little bit about themselves, so the words in the book will really be 'in their own words'...I believe the caption for the Close-up for my son says, "when I first learned I had Autism I learned I am a little different, but I think that's ok because everyone is a little different" 

Quoting MamaLauri:

Very nice. Are they going to add words?

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Lol, I know that family, that's her usual stance..lol..

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Your DS is handsome!

I giggled at the lil girl being grumpy.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Aww, thanks!

Quoting coala:

He is adorable!!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Stacie Turner (the photographer) is super awesome...can you believe the location where all these photos were taken was a parking garage? I wasn't sure how my DS would be as a spectrum child isn't good at looking someone in the eyes, nor standing still. But she uses one of those old fashioned box cameras and is fab at just talking with the kids, and getting the most amazing shots!

Quoting kirbymom:

Gorgeous boys Shannon! Those are great pictures and I think this is a wonderful idea.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Thanks! I hate using my iPad to post because of the no-click issue ;(

Quoting debramommyof4:

Here you go Jinx!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

No clicky on phone :(

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Not a problem.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Thanks! I hate using my iPad to post because of the no-click issue ;(

Quoting debramommyof4:

Here you go Jinx!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

No clicky on phone :(

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM
That is an awesome way of looking at things. Everyone is different and I think that it is awesome that your son looks at it that way.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Each child in the project wrote a little bit about themselves, so the words in the book will really be 'in their own words'...I believe the caption for the Close-up for my son says, "when I first learned I had Autism I learned I am a little different, but I think that's ok because everyone is a little different" 

Quoting MamaLauri:

Very nice. Are they going to add words?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Well, he did great. The photographer obviously knew what she was doing. You can't tell that this was done in a parking garage.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Stacie Turner (the photographer) is super awesome...can you believe the location where all these photos were taken was a parking garage? I wasn't sure how my DS would be as a spectrum child isn't good at looking someone in the eyes, nor standing still. But she uses one of those old fashioned box cameras and is fab at just talking with the kids, and getting the most amazing shots!

Quoting kirbymom:Gorgeous boys Shannon! Those are great pictures and I think this is a wonderful idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN