Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! Im Cassi, mom to 3 beautiful kids. ages 6, 3, and 1. My oldest is a first grader (public schools) but were having trouble with her teacher not challenging my daughter. 

We're "homeschooling" part time (when she gets home from public school). My daughter LOVES to learn and she isnt learning anything new in class. the teacher is teaching material my child learned in pre-k. So it's one big social party for her. 

My daughter loves reading (she reads at nearly a 4th grade level) and writing so we (well she) write a lot of little books. 

Shes recently had this obsession with space so we started learning about the planets. Well probably finish the last few up tomorrow. 

Im at a loss of what to start next. She is so eager to learn and is begging me to teach her more but i just dont know where to start! Suggestions? I was thinking maybe the human atatomy. 

All her teacher is "teaching" in class is language arts and math from what ive seen so im trying to find other things to interest her. we started some simple multiplication and she caught on quickly but shes totally confused by division so we're backing away from those. 

Thanks for any help yall can offer! (:

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-11):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the group! I'm sorry your child isn't being challenged, but way to go for stepping up! Homeschooling has been fantastic for us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)