Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My mom called the school!((edit)))

I don't know why but this made me feel violated...like really my mom has made it clear that she doesnt agree with my choice to homeschool. She called the school that I am working with and spoke to the principal now she wants me to MAKE SURE (Yes she bascally yelled that) that she is allowed to "check up" on her grandson.

I see it more as check up on me and so on...She never called his other school, didnt even ask to see the report card but since I am doing something different now she wants to be "in the know"

Am I just being too sensitive???

Yes there are spelling errors...my 8 year old as gone back to not sleeping much so I am exhausted!

Sorry should have said...no the school did not tell her anything the principal said that he couldn't release any info to a non custodial family member. She just doesn't agree with homeschool she cant get the "typical" homeschooling out of her head.

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

How did you find out she did that?

She told me because she wants to be put on that list of being allowed info.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't talk to her for along time because I wouldn't have anything civil to say!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Was your mom the one who wanted to cancel Christmas?  Sorry if that wasn't you, I do get people mixed up.  :-)

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Was your mom the one who wanted to cancel Christmas?  Sorry if that wasn't you, I do get people mixed up.  :-)

Yeah she is now saying that I misunderstood her...she was just angry but if I want to do this for one year its my son....She was just frustrated that I am being stubrone and I am "just so concered in being right that I am not doing what IS right..."

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yeah she is now saying that I misunderstood her...she was just angry but if I want to do this for one year its my son....She was just frustrated that I am being stubrone and I am "just so concered in being right that I am not doing what IS right..."

I think the same could be said for her.  She is so concerned with doing what is the norm that she has lost sight of what is best for the family.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.   Hugs! 

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Any chance your mom has Borderline Personality Disorder?  She needs everything to revolve around her, everything is black and white (no grey), no matter how much attention you give her it's never enough?

If that might be the case there is a wonderful book (I borrowed it from the library so you could check yours) called Stop Walking On Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder.

Even if she doesn't have BPD it's an EXTREMELY helpful resource for setting boundaries in an intense relationship.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Any chance your mom has Borderline Personality Disorder?  She needs everything to revolve around her, everything is black and white (no grey), no matter how much attention you give her it's never enough?

If that might be the case there is a wonderful book (I borrowed it from the library so you could check yours) called Stop Walking On Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder.

Even if she doesn't have BPD it's an EXTREMELY helpful resource for setting boundaries in an intense relationship.

Thanks I will look into that...

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Thanks I will look into that...

Sure, it helped me a ton a few years ago with my own mother.  We have a much healthier and happier relationship now.  Good luck too; it's hard when one of the main people you want to be kind and supportive is just the opposite.

jakana2369
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
You have every right to be upset. I would be.
PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Saw the edit..

Good job on the schools part. I sure they've had to deal with that before.

It sounds like she cares about your son...even though she is coming off as one gigantic bitty.

What are her specific problems with your choice to homeschool?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)