Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you love about homeschooling?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 26 Replies
What are some of your personal benefits to homeschooling? Things you like, love, enjoy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I love being able to bring new information to my kids every day. To watch them grow and learn, and "get it".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I like that I know exactly what they are learning so that I can tie in anything we happen to see.  Example, Zave is learning his 6 tables.  When we saw a line of ants walking down the sidewalk, I asked him to count by 6s to tell me how many legs had passed us. 

When we watched a movie that had a castle in it, they stopped it and identified the parts of the castle.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Brilliant!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I like that I know exactly what they are learning so that I can tie in anything we happen to see.  Example, Zave is learning his 6 tables.  When we saw a line of ants walking down the sidewalk, I asked him to count by 6s to tell me how many legs had passed us. 

When we watched a movie that had a castle in it, they stopped it and identified the parts of the castle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I love hearing my girls laugh again when they're learning and how excited they are when they read a story with a surprise ending or find something cool about history.  I love that they're both doing so well in math when they hated it in ps.

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Now that my son is older (12) he has a few ideas as to what kind of career he would like.  I love that we can tailor his academics right to his needs and interests.  He can start working as a trainee for a few hours a week at 14 years old in exactly what he loves doing.  I love that he has enough free time during the day to pursue his many interests and still be a grade level or two above his schooled peers.  I love that my son has so much creativity, curiousity, enthusiasm, determination, and drive.  I love that he has great friends and an active schedule.  Most of all, I love that he is happy and sees such a bright future for himself.  I attribute all of this to homeschooling.

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Field Trips!  We have some wonderful places around here to go and really practice what we learn (basic physics, history, etc.).  It makes all that math, reading, writing, worthwhile for the future; at least I hope so!

Today we went to the Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.  The museum is free and I highly recommend it to anyone who lives near.  We've got more aircraft in one of our four galleries than the Smithsonian has in their whole Air & Space Museum.  No offense to the Smithsonian of course!

Here is the Space Shuttle Simulator.  They're still working on the ramps to walk in and out of it, but it's almost open:  

Here's the separate landing simulator:

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I love watching his face when he 'gets' something!  I love taking field trips whenever we want or watching a movie to learn about something.  I love being able to tailor everything to him.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I love watching my kids learn. I love all the new things I am learning and I love our flexibility.
mhaney03
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate to see my friends on facebook stressing out over their kids in school, the new CCSS, bullying... and at the same time am elated I don't have to deal with all that.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That is the most awesome thing. When Phoenix read his first word and wrote his name I did a happy dance.

Both my girls had moments like that too. It's just so much fun.

Quoting kmath:

I love watching his face when he 'gets' something!  I love taking field trips whenever we want or watching a movie to learn about something.  I love being able to tailor everything to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN