Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you NOT love about homeschooling? ;)

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 66 Replies
Listing what we love about homeschooling is easy, at least for me. But what are some things you don't like or enjoy about homeschooling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM
4 moms liked this
I sometimes stress about all the pressure being on me. It's a big responsibility to know that your child's entire education is dependent on you. I feel I am doing a good job so far, but I'm a little worried about middle and high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Reporting!!!  It changes my entire style of homeschooling.  I don't think I would ever do a workbook page for History, Geography, or Science if it weren't for keeping that portfolio for the evaluator.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I also do not like the assessment and portfolios. We don't do worksheets well, and I feel like I have to print some out and have her do them just so we can "show we are improving".

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Reporting!!!  It changes my entire style of homeschooling.  I don't think I would ever do a workbook page for History, Geography, or Science if it weren't for keeping that portfolio for the evaluator.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have one who likes worksheets, but the others do not.  I do try to take pictures of what we do and put them in the portfolio, but they can often be hard to explain. 

Quoting Boobah:

I also do not like the assessment and portfolios. We don't do worksheets well, and I feel like I have to print some out and have her do them just so we can "show we are improving".

Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My girls are in the 3rd and 6th grades.  I am a little concerned about high school.  Mostly for the writing classes, but with the right materials and rubrics I think we'll be alright.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes, I feel like I never get a moment of quiet! lol

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't like my MIL judging me. Every time we have a behavior issue it's because "he isn't in public school."
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I don't like the money I waste on books and programs we end up not liking.  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha! How ironic! My daughter had lovely behavior before she went to kindergarten. She was in public kinder for a year and had such a bad attitude. She was homeschooled after that (currently third grade) and is back to her usual helpful, kind self. It took all that summer to get her back though!

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

I don't like my MIL judging me. Every time we have a behavior issue it's because "he isn't in public school."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I'm concerned about middle and high school. Not because I don't think I can do it, but because it is so boring. Lol!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

My girls are in the 3rd and 6th grades.  I am a little concerned about high school.  Mostly for the writing classes, but with the right materials and rubrics I think we'll be alright.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN