Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you NOT love about homeschooling? ;)

Posted by   + Show Post
Listing what we love about homeschooling is easy, at least for me. But what are some things you don't like or enjoy about homeschooling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Agreed! I am lucky at the moment. The two youngest are napping and my oldest is working hard on her main lesson book drawing.

Quoting mem82:

Sometimes, I feel like I never get a moment of quiet! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Definitely. I love the curriculum I am using now and it's ridiculously cheap. I use it as a guide and then do my own thing a bit. Can't beat $40 for a complete curric. Lol

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

I don't like the money I waste on books and programs we end up not liking.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like that to get my kid to do his work it's like pulling teeth. he HATES it. He hates school, and doesn't want to do any of the work. He hates when he has to redo his writing because I won't accept laziness or sloppiness.

I hate that I have to monitor him when he does his math so he can't cheat. (he has tried to cheat a lot with a calculator, or looking up answers on his computer.) 

So, I would like to just teach him stuff and be able to trust he'll do a good job so we can move on to other things.... 

He was failing in public school because of these traits too, and at leat at home, I can stay on top of it.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I can't think of a single thing I don't like. I've never not had the support of family and friends, we don't report to anyone, my kids are enthusiastic (for the most part) and we love the flexibility of taking a day to do whatever we feel like doing, and I love, love, love the research of different curriculums. Weird, I know. I'm even excited about high school! I  am having a slight issue with finding the right fit for extracurricular activites, dd is wishy-washy about what she is "into". One day she wants guitar lessons, another day art. She hates sports and doesn't seem to fit in with a couple of support groups we've tried. She's 13, so she's not always logical and easy going like she used to be. LOL.

tansyflower
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM

If you don't mind me asking what curriculum do you use?  That is a great price!

Quoting Boobah:

Definitely. I love the curriculum I am using now and it's ridiculously cheap. I use it as a guide and then do my own thing a bit. Can't beat $40 for a complete curric. Lol

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I hate having to turn in my attendence record.  I love using a public charter because they pay for activities and curriculum I want but can not afford.  But I hate the attendence record.  Though I would have to do it on my own anyway, incase anyone came by.  But it would never be up to date if I was on my own.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The stress of their education. Am I doing it right, is it fun enough, are they learning?

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Their attendence/work record annoys me too. It's not mandotory, but it's something I feel like I need to do.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Homeschoolers. I didn't realize how annoying some homeschoolers could be until I started my own co-op. Moms refusing to volunteer, arriving late all the time, and not showing up and letting you know. I literally had someone message me an hour after class started. We are having a meeting after thanksgiving. I also decided to start charging. I was just asking $5 for a two month class to cover supplies.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM

What are you using?

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN