Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How did everyone handle the storms? Any lessons from it?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 12 Replies
I hope everyone got through the storms last night okay!

Did anyone use them as a school type lesson? We didn't, my kids didn't even realize it was storming, but we were lucky and it didn't hit us hard. (We are in sw Ohio)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We ended up in the basement for a while but we didn't really use it for a lesson. The kids were a bit too worried.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

My Aunt & Uncle's house was destroyed with my Aunt & her 6y/o granddaughter in it but they walked away unscathed!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I am so glad you ladies are ok. Us mom your aunt and her dd are so blessed. It's a miracle
TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Glad they made it alright! Are they doing ok now? Were they in IL?

Quoting usmom3:

My Aunt & Uncle's house was destroyed with my Aunt & her 6y/o granddaughter in it but they walked away unscathed!

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM
We're in Dayton, Ohio & had tornado sirens for awhile. We snuggled on top of blankets in the downstairs bathtub during that. We talked about the weather & cold front coming through beforehand, but didn't make a full lesson of it.
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Yes Washington, Il. They are OK now, they have gotten an apartment & are planing a rebuild as soon as they can!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting usmom3:

TidewaterClan
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM
That's good. I'm glad they found a place to live while they rebuild, especially with the holidays just around the corner.

Quoting usmom3:

Yes Washington, Il. They are OK now, they have gotten an apartment & are planing a rebuild as soon as they can!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM

They could have stayed with their daughter if they could not find a place she lives a few blocks away & her house is untouched by the storm.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That's good. I'm glad they found a place to live while they rebuild, especially with the holidays just around the corner.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting usmom3:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Oh my!!! I'm so glad everyone is okay!!

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Isn't that crazy? How one house can be demolished and the one next to it, completely fine. (I know hers wasn't right next to it, but generally speaking)

Quoting usmom3:

They could have stayed with their daughter if they could not find a place she lives a few blocks away & her house is untouched by the storm.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)